• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Rabbit Called And Why? 2008

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Some of you will remember me starting this last year and the most popular names, also me threatening to do the same again this year. As there are many more members I'm really hopeful we can beat last year's 1118 names :shock:! Can I clarify because it wasn't that clear last year, your current rabbits are welcome as are bridge bunnies (recently departed or ones you may have had as a child). And to all you rescues, if you have a list of rehomed rabbits, their names will also be extremely welcome (thanks Jill for the 100 plus last time). You don't have to put why your rabbit is called what it's called but feel free to if you have the time :D.

To get the ball rolling...

Current
Nellie...after me
Poppet...because Maria thought she looked like one
Elvis...after THE singer. by law everybody should own a rabbit called Elvis!
Florence...my mother and grandmother's middle name
Kitty...Maria's grandmother and name for a baby rabbit (kit)
Rita...Maria's mother
Colleen...Maria's father (!)
BooBoo...after my sister (she hates me now)
Dylan...after Bob and Thomas rather than the Magic Roundabout
Jaynie...family name (also Jane Dexter and Jack's Jane)
Adam...another family name

Bridge
Stanley...lovely little Stanley, named after my uncle
Betty
Bella
Bobtail
Marigold
Flossie
Bimbo
Bertha
Baby
Bertie
Thumper
(all the above except Stanley were rabbits kept in my twenties, only two of which I named being Marigold and Flossie because it suited them. The rest were named by my ex-wife).

Please take a few minutes to add yours to the list :D.

Neil

my list is little!!

Wispa - i named her after the relaunch of my favourite chocolate bar!

Zola - named after Gianfranco Zola, a chelsea football club legend (darren named him)

Bridge Bunnies:
Honeycombe- I loved Crunchie bars :oops:
Rowan- After Mr Bean :oops:
Caspian- CS Lewis book, Prince Caspian
Pippa- Already named

Current bunnies:
Fiver- Watership Down :rolleyes:
Marley- Bob Marley
Scout- From 'To kill a Mockingbird'
Bobby- Already named
Lexie- Long search for something original
Maverick- Top Gun :)
Cassius- Compromise between me and OH for getting another rabbit, named after Cassius Clay (Mohammed Ali)

are we allowed to add ones from last year too? I'll presume so.

BTW love "Elvis...after THE singer. by law everybody should own a rabbit called Elvis!" :lol: maybe this would be a good method of getting a fourth "but Neil said we have too!"

Barney- because this was the name we had always planned to use for a springer spaniel that we had talked about having but when we got Cadiz (as he was) I just knew I had found my Barney!

Roxy-After the van we had our New Zealand adventures in! and her names had previousely been Roger and Rachel so we had to keep the R theme going.

Mo- Because Barney and Barnaby were getting confusing :lol: and Donkey boy just wasn't going to happen! (The real reason is a secret though ;))

Last edited:
Only got 2:
Scruff - because he is, in looks and keeping his cage tidy, he is just like a teenage lad, food hidden all over his bedroom.
Sooty - because he's black and i was feeling really unorigional. It is subject to change as we have only had him a week, but i doubt it will. :lol:

are we allowed to add ones from last year too? I'll presume so.

BTW love "Elvis...after THE singer. by law everybody should own a rabbit called Elvis!" :lol: maybe this would be a good method of getting a fourth "but Neil said we have too!"

Barney- because this was the name we had always planned to use for a springer spaniel that we had talked about having but when we got Cadiz (as he was) I just knew I had found my Barney!

Roxy-After the van we had our New Zealand adventures in! and her names had previousely been Roger and Rachel so we had to keep the R theme going.

Mo- Because Barney and Barnaby were getting confusing :lol: and Donkey boy just wasn't going to happen!

Yes, Isabel, brand new slate for this year! 47 already :shock::D:D:D!

Neil

Rescues
*gets out record books*
Casper
Misty
Ruffin
Gypsy
Casey
Tarquin
Ashley
Gwen
Dillon
Tazmay
Minstrel
Piper
Trevor
Holly
Megan
Molly
Trixie
Mika
Millie
Benson
Brodie
Tammy
Spice
Nero
Jester
Bertie
Maggie
Tyler
Boo
Codey
Ben
Muffin
Caramel
Liquorice
Coco
Snowy
Frankie
Harley
Rolo
Paige
Maddy
Perdie
Scarlet
Shamus
Lily
Hamish
Guiness
Izzy
Briony
Connie
Charlie
Riley
Zulu
Blake
Tuppence
Bella
Matilda
Flynn
Chino
Willow
Ginny
Lola
Apollo
Rocky
Samson
Bessie
Piccolo
Chance
Inca
Hazel
Libby
Bindi
Alfie
Sadie
Harvey
Murphy
Mason
Hershey
Rory
Lupin
Dixie

current buns

Chocolate (choci) - named because of his colour (although he looks more white and gray:roll:)
Lily-Lovely (Lily) named because it poped into my head when I first heard about her:D
Holly - Already named, but strangly I picked out the same name:shock:
Brownie - Because hes brown :lol:
Luna - was orginally going to be called Chip (so I would have a chocolate chip cookie :lol:) but Luna popped into my head and it suited her:D
Cookie - because I love cookies and it suits him:D

Bridge buns

Mickey - can't remember why we named him that:(
Lucy - Popped into my head on the way home from the petshop:)
Bunnykins - Was orignally going to be called Carrot, but it didn;t suit her, so I called her bunny, and added the kins because of my last name, to make bunnykins:D
Binky-Baby - was orignally called Baby, but he responded to binky better, so we renamed him binky-baby:D
Stormie - named because of her colour, with me for such a short time:cry:

And finally Theodore (theo) who now lives with Wiggle:D

Only have 3:

Ron - because we had to carry on the Harry Potter theme - Have/had 2 budgies called Harry and Hermione, but over time it has changed to Ronald MacDonald.

Ginny - as above, but name has evolved to Ginny Monster after having to sing to the neighbour's little girl the teletubbies theme.

Red - her full names is Kindred Spirit (DH picked her name and he wanted something with the word "red" as she is an orange mini rex). Her nickname is Ready Brek.

Current bunster

Millie ('cos it suited her)

Bridge Bunnys

Holmes (I got him from a place called Holmes and Gardens ***shame:oops:*)
Rosie (cos her ears had a pink glow with the sun through them)
Smokey (named by my cousins kids, who sent him to me when they got fed up)
Robert (as smokey renamed Peter as at 19 i didn't fancy shouting Robert up the garden as it was the boy next doors name:lol:)
Scamper (my 1st bun i was 10)

Last edited:
He's called Thor because he just looks very "necro". Bunny of doom!

I used to have a bun called Treacle who was rehomed. :( She was gorgeous, I miss her kisses. She was so named for being a mismarked harlequin, and looked as though she was the victim of a treacle spill!

I've got

Dumpling/Dumpy because it suits her
Treacle because my sis named her
Dusty was named Bluie, I didn't like it so named him Dusty as his mane looks dusty! :lol:
Meggie was called Nutmeg and I didn't think it suited but wanted something similar.

Bridge bunny

Sooty because he was black!

Bridge Bunnies
Boris....just suited him
Jessica....she was a proper lady, used to sit with her front legs full stretch but crossed paws and reminded me of Jessica Rabbit off Who framed Roger Rabbit? very elegant.
Huckney...adopted off a lady who loved the painter David Huckney (already named)

Current Bunnies
Daphne...first name that stuck when I saw her cramped up in a tiny cage at the back of a petshop.
Keith...dont even go there, my bloke decided to name him...I did put my foot down at his first two suggestions 'Derek or Bernard'...can you imagine how embarrassed I was when I register him for his check up at the vets :oops: the nurse came out of the room looked at the card, relooked at the card and very unsure but slightly amused called for Keith the rabbit:oops::oops::oops:
But it does suit him now and makes me smile every time I call him out of the hut.

My two goldfish are called Betty and Wilma as I had 3 before with male names and they died within weeks, got another two called them Fred and Barney and they died..mmm so decided to get two more (one last try) and gave them female names and guess what 2 years later and they are still going strong.

Harvey the cat was Harvey when we adopted him so that stuck but suits him totally. ;)

Smokey - becauses she's a magpie harliquin

Abby - named by the rescue

Winston - named by the rescue

Crunchie - my O/H wanted to call her Mrs Cruncher..so it had to be Crunchie instead

Ferris - Arrived with name Honey, but changed by my O/H to Ferris Wheel

Radar - Because of his big ears.

Snowdrop - named by the rescue

Dixie - named by the rescue

Current: Bertie - Kate Bush's son is called Bertie and I'm a fan :oops:

Bridge: Blueberry - He was gorgeous blue giant

Back