• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£59 vets visit

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: whod have thought two tiny little furries could cost so much :shock:

im sure the myxi jab has increased an awful lot in the last 8 months... a scary £19 + £10 for nail clipping, but on the upside Alvin doesnt have ear mites whoop whoop and both have pretty fine teeth too yaaay

now i have a dilema tho.... the VHD jab.. id like to sync it so that they both go once a year but together, Pearls is due in september and Alvins july..

i should have asked ste to ask the vet but its only just come to me (slow brain today) do you think a comprimise ie both done in august would be ok.. alvin would be a month late and pearl a month early....ohhhhh desicions :?

Frightening isn't it :shock: I would get your vet to teach you how to clip nails yourself, saves a few pennies.

I've tried to time mine together as its so much easier.

Lian xx

Frightening isn't it :shock: I would get your vet to teach you how to clip nails yourself, saves a few pennies.

I've tried to time mine together as its so much easier.

Lian xx

he tried to show ste but he said after the bad experience he had with doing ralphs (i know diffo animal) hed not risk it, i could probably do pearl but Alvin beats me up so i think well pay the vets to do it :oops::lol::lol:

:shock: whod have thought two tiny little furries could cost so much :shock:

im sure the myxi jab has increased an awful lot in the last 8 months... a scary £19 + £10 for nail clipping, but on the upside Alvin doesnt have ear mites whoop whoop and both have pretty fine teeth too yaaay

now i have a dilema tho.... the VHD jab.. id like to sync it so that they both go once a year but together, Pearls is due in september and Alvins july..

i should have asked ste to ask the vet but its only just come to me (slow brain today) do you think a comprimise ie both done in august would be ok.. alvin would be a month late and pearl a month early....ohhhhh desicions :?

Bobbin had his Myxi two weeks early this year, I'm sure Alvin having his VHD a month late and Pearl a month early would be acceptable.

Bobbin had his Myxi two weeks early this year, I'm sure Alvin having his VHD a month late and Pearl a month early would be acceptable.

i hope so cus the myxi will be due in sept anyhows and ill have to do the 2 weeks thing with pearl.. august sounds a nice injection free month lololol

ring up and ask the receptionist to ask the vet and have him/her phone you an answer. thats what I do when I have a quandary. :)

ring up and ask the receptionist to ask the vet and have him/her phone you an answer. thats what I do when I have a quandary. :)

ill send yet another email closer the time.. i dont like to phone cus they are always busy, but hes excellent at answering emails... got a really long one when i asked about using panacur as a precautionary wormer must have took him ages to type lol...

I can much believe 2 little buns can cost a fortune!...I have done my research in advance of getting buns and have concluded (once all jabs, spay/neutering done) I can expect a bill of close on £300!!:shock:

TP;)

Wow, I just got two check up and two myxi vaccs for £30. Anneke offered to cut Bobby's claws for free too when I mentioned I knew they were long but Im quite happy to do that myself.

Both he and Scout are sulking now :roll:

I wouldnt have thought one jab being a month early and another one late, would be a problem. Stray buns are vaccs and you can never be 100% they aren't already done, and as far as I'm aware, you get a month to go over, well you do with dogs and cat before you have to start the primary course again. Check with your vet, but I think you should be ok.

I know what you mean about wanting to get both buns vaccinated together! Frankie had his VHD vacc a little early this time round (two months I think) so that him and Jen were in sync with their vaccs. I checked with the vet beforehand and he didn't think it was a problem at all and it'll certainly make remembering when they are next due a trip to the vets a lot easier! :lol:

Each vaccination costs me about £16, so about £64 for myxi and VHD for two rabbits! Ouch :(

Am I the only person that staggers their vaccines? I am trying to sync it so each 'set' of rabbits are about 2 months apart!

Its an organisational nightmare :rolleyes:

Am I the only person that staggers their vaccines? I am trying to sync it so each 'set' of rabbits are about 2 months apart!

Its an organisational nightmare :rolleyes:

Each set as in bonded group of buns? I can see why that would make sense... at the very least it would help spread the cost a bit, nevermind meaning that you don't have to try and coordinate a vet vists for more than two buns at a time! :lol:

I wanted Jen and Frankie to be in sync though so that I wasn't having to cart Frankie along to the vets each time Jen was due her vaccs... you know what a shy boy he is :( He was so freaked out when we took him for his last booster :(

Just back from the vet with my two (I do love the sound of that :D).

£44.55 for two buns' myxi. I asked if they'd do a discount for two and he said it was normally three but as I have so many pets on their books they'd give me a discount so it was £24.74 for one bun and just under £20.00 for the other. And he clipped both buns' claws.

I asked about the VHD cos Bell's is due in July and T in October. He said it would be fine to do both in July.

Just back from the vet with my two (I do love the sound of that :D).

£44.55 for two buns' myxi. I asked if they'd do a discount for two and he said it was normally three but as I have so many pets on their books they'd give me a discount so it was £24.74 for one bun and just under £20.00 for the other. And he clipped both buns' claws.

I asked about the VHD cos Bell's is due in July and T in October. He said it would be fine to do both in July.

wow you got a good deal... with the way ralph has been these last few weeks i think i am singlehandedly keeping my vets open... but thankfully no where near 3 grand :shock::shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
note to self dont get a horse

At our vet they do a package of myxi jab and VHD for £47. You can then have free vet nurse clinics for weight, teeth checks and nail clipping. I thought it was a bit expensive as others around here do package for £30 but I trust my vet.

wow i guess inner city living must bump the prices up :shock:

Myxi - £19 VHD - £13 nail clipping - £10 :( dog booster £32 :shock::shock:

altho i must admit i dont mind the extra cost because i really love my vets practice

It's £31.50 for the VHD and Myxi package at my vets and you get 10% discount if you take 2 rabbits in at once.

I took Harry, Willow and Bracken for their Myxi yesterday and it cost me just over £100 :shock: that is for the package though so I won't have to pay anything for them when we go back in 2 weeks for the VHD.

I'll be taking Jack and Poppy along for their VHD at the same time though... that'll be fun :shock: :lol: and a couple of weeks after that Jack, Emily and Poppy will be going for their Myxi :rolleyes:

Back