• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Running Circles

Bananaman

New Kit
Ok I work from home quite a lot of the time so "Fudge" has the run of the house most of the time but when I do sit with him or even stand near him he circles around me making a slight grunting sound!!!

This some times develops into flips and summersaults (spelling!!)

Anyone else have this or know why they do it!!??

One last questionn, any tips on cleaning his back feet, he goes mad they are touched but when he has stood in his wee wee it don't half smell but can get to clean him!!!!

P.S He has a bath every week but it takes him an hour to get dry!!

I guess he's not neutered?
he is showing signs that he finds you attractive..it's his way of saying "you're place or mine!":lol:

if you get him neutered his hormonal behaviour will stop and he may also stop getting pee stained as this is often self inflicted..a kind of male bun aftershave!!
if he is stained it's easier to make sure his area is kept very clean and wait for the fur to moult naturally.
If you do bathe him be careful as it is easy for bunnies to get ill when left damp

Last edited:
Arthur does exactly this to me, I don't know what it means but really pleased that its not just me it happens to.

Last night I sat on the floor and he ran round and round grunting at me then stopped and licked my jeans then ran round and round again. Its weird :shock:

Ahhh just read new message! Arthur is recently Neutered but I suppose his hormones are weird at the mo!

My newest boy Emrys does this too. If I am standing or sitting in a wide open space (bed or floor) he runs around me at top speed and grunts. Now at first when he did this I gave him the excuse of being a randy buck. Now he is castrated and still does it. Although I have to say it usually takes a few months for the hormones to die down fully and he is trying to hump things so he is still randy. Its not all males though, 2 of my boys never did this, nor did their plums drop down.
Emrys is 8 months and very hyper, he binkiies like mad, then he flops over so hard that sometimes he rolls right over! I put it down to his personality. As I said two of my males are so laid back they are permenantly horizontal. So its not all bunnies.

Hmmm bunnie feet are tickley at the best of times. I would suggest filling a small basin of luke warm water (about 3-5 cm deep) and a tiny drop of hypoallergenic shampoo or a wee scrape of vegatable soap. Also lay a thick towel right beside the basin. Then lift Fudge by supporting his rear end with one hand and either scruffing his neck with the other or supporting his fron paws. You need to kind of scoop him up. Anyway once you have got him safely, dip his back feet quickly into the water, then lift him out and place him on the towel. If you can, try and rub the feet dry. If that doesn't work, keep him sitting on the towel which will absorb most of the wetness from his furry feet.

I hope this helps. Its much quicker and less stressful than a full bath.:)

MMmmmm I told the wife he was showing his affection but she wouldn't have it!!!

I don't mind it keeps him active, I was just a bit concerned he may be goin potty been inside the house, he goes out when we can and he has a large run in the garden but its been a bit frosty and we can hear him thumping if its too cold!!!

On the bath side, he doesn't mind it at all and my wife sits with him wrapped in a towel and drys him off, that about the only time we get to touch his back legs hence why we do it but if its his "aftershave" he is bound to keep standing in it!!!

Someone mentioned flopping over, fudge gets right over onto his back sometimes legs pointing up!!! and he has tendancy to sort of chuck himself unto his side as if someone has just shot him!!!

Thanks for the replies all :D

Sorry no he isn't neutered so we in for some luvin!!

Well at least til you get him booked in for the chop :lol: He must be lots of fun, his "flops" sound spectacular!!!

Why do you bathe him though? I thought you shouldnt bath a rabbit unless you really really have to. If it's just cleaning his feet, I'd just use baby wipes for now. Once he's been neutered, you shouldnt need to have to.

My unneutered male does this too, well one of them does the other doesn't. They are both booked in for the snip soon so hopefully it will stop. with out sounding crude, which i am going to, when i was told he was doing this because he was trying to seduce me, i thougt i'd find out for myself. Next time he did it i picked him up, he is really easy rabbit to handle and his 'affection' was very obvious. He quite often gets his lipstick out now :oops::oops: i think hes trying to show off, having not seen many rabbit 'bits' i wouldn't know but it does seem very big, gives my boyfreind a bit of an inferiority complex. :lol::lol:

To answer both of you, we only fill the bath with a few cm's of water and johnsons baby bath, its near impossible to get any soapy water on his feet unless I lift him in the bath and let him walk around for a bit he doesn't struggle or throw a fit so its has been the easiest way, it only his belly and feet that get wet;)

As far as the randy sod you have, he hasn't dry humped either me or the wife:lol:

Although we are expecting our first child in july so we are trying to alter his routine now before the baby comes:oops:

One last questionn, any tips on cleaning his back feet, he goes mad they are touched but when he has stood in his wee wee it don't half smell but can get to clean him!!!!

P.S He has a bath every week but it takes him an hour to get dry!!

I clean my show buns feet by spraying distilled witch hazel on them then let the bun clean it in a clean envirament:D

Maa runs in circles around me when she knows I have food - it's not me she loves, it's her dinner :lol:

"HONK HONK!" nothing like a rabbit saying they love you.

I pop Carlton in a few millimetres of water every other week to get his feet clean then a thorough dry.

Back