• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A cute surprise at Mablethorpe

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Went to Mablethorpe on sunday and went for a walk on the beach.

look what we saw coming out of the sea .....:shock::D

2008_0304feb0064.jpg

2008_0304feb0066.jpg

2008_0304feb0069.jpg

2008_0304feb0068.jpg

He was realy curious and seemed used to humans.
We think he must have been at the seal sanctury and recently released . :love:

2008_0304feb0062.jpg

and this is Mablethorpe beach in March

Last edited:
Oooo, did she have a plastic tag in her rear flipper? (can't see one in the pics) I think most rehabbers tag them before release. :) Most pups are naturally nosey though. :D

She is a pretty one, and great pics. :D

:oops: sorry, bit of a sealy fan here. :)

Oooo, did she have a plastic tag in her rear flipper? (can't see one in the pics) I think most rehabbers tag them before release. :) Most pups are naturally nosey though. :D

She is a pretty one, and great pics. :D

:oops: sorry, bit of a sealy fan here. :)

no i didnt see a tag ...and i did think thet tagged them...perhaps he was just friendly then :shock:

:shock:OMG I bet you were so shocked .. He's adorable, did he go back into the sea or stay on the beach ?

my ex's grandparents live there, we used 2 go there all the time.

that litle guy, or lass! is beautiful! :love: i once saw one at heybridge near maldon in essex where i live :)

i could have touched him if id wanted to ....;)

didnt though ...as i remembered seeing on telly that they could bite your fingers right off :shock: :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: PMSL at that post!! Don't know why though Angie, just the way i read it!

Is that true then?? :shock:

That's amazing, I love the one of her yawning.
There is a book called The Seal Summer. Its a true story about a bull seal called Sammy who became very friendly with locals by the south Dorset Coast during the early 60's.

Ohh bless, lovely photos. I feel sorry for seals out of water as they are so vulnerable. I worry about animals so much, I can't help it :(

Rabswood

Back