• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carrot only piggies

jesska

Alpha Buck
hello everyone i wounder if anyone can help me these are first piggies since i had buzz which passed away and im such a worrrier with them and iv started to notice that they will only eat carrot i know its full of sugar. well they get their piggy pellets and on a morning then get a bowl of veg, cabbage,greens, broc,kawi apple celary everything and they leave everything eles but the carrot. just love carrot i dont want them to get a bad diet how do i get them to eat anything eles?

what I did when my pigs started refusing to eat anything else was not give them carrot till they'd eaten all their greens up like good piggies - a slice of carrot for pudding :D They shouldn't have more than a small chunk or thick slice of carrot a day anyway, as they can't cope with too much vitamin A :)

The simple answer is not to offer carrot in the first place, but you could try making them a hay roll with the other veg in. Try bitesized pieces of the veg first. Or if you must give them carrot, purree a piece of one, it will go further and make a sushi type treat for them putting it inside cabbage leaves etc, then gradually reduce the amount of carrot, till they are willingly taking the leaf.

haha i know their three girls so they have to have three pieces i guess ill have to take it away but i just dont want them to stop eating the veg they kinda take it out of their bowl and pick at it as i know when im cleaning them out their loads of veg but never no carrot laying around. i also try and feed by hand they have a first bite and they turn their heads :roll: well the carrot got to stop

Back