• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg :( U/D 19:40 SHES HOME!!

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
As some of you have read, Piper is being very agressive and naughty with me recently so I think its time for the big S..YES! ... Piper is booked in for spay on the 20th March! :)
Been reading what they do during surgery and OMG :(:(:( is it common practice to put a bun in a chamber to put them to sleep,piper will be really really scared if they do that to her poor baby :(
I wasnt even this worried with Phoebe my lil boy bun :( Also do you think its wise while shes havin her op - for me to prepare some soft food just incase shes not eating?
Ive been told she can come out same day - i have to take her in for 9am and im allowed her back for 5pm if she comes around ok

Last edited:
I was absolutely petrified when i had my Angel spayed.I put it off for two months:oops:
Everything will be fine.It really is the best thing to get done:D

I'd imagine they do this if it is the vets preferred method, for less stress on the bunny rather then holding them still and shoving a mask on their nose!

Your bun be ok!

I think both methods would frighten Piper! She hates being touched atm aswell,and she dosent like strange people - i wish i could stay with her :(
I only put it off because she had her kitts..so i got Phoebe done while she was nursing so they didnt have two periods of seperation,and then i didnt wanna put her thru the stress of her babys being taken straight after nursing then going right in there for a spay
ALSO - ill have to take her home on public transport - its a 30 minute journey do u think this will be ok???

As far as I know my vets use Domitor IM before switching to gas so the rabbits are already unconscious when the gas is administered (via a mask).

No worries, medetomidine (the reversable injectable) is Domitor so its a good safe drug :)

Your welcome :wave:

The best thing to get them eating again is a big bowl of their favourite greens and some fresh herbs.

If she has not eaten when you pick her up ask for some Science Recovery to take away. :)

My vet dosent let you take them if there not eating and drinking. They warned me with Phoebe, if he wasnt back to eating and drinking even a little by the time i turned up to collect him he would need an overnight stay
Most exciting thing is - the prospect of my 4th bun is becoming realer! :lol: I feel happier now shes being done
Whats science recovery :?

Oh good, I wish more vets did that.
I am always given the ption of leaving them in but TBH I find they start eating once they are home in their cages with little effort on my part.

Its a special formula which comes powdered in a sachet, you make it up with water and syringe feed it if the rabbit is anorexic.

You need to cut the tip off the syringe though as it gets a bit lumpy :roll:

I'll ask for some on the way out just incase!!
My vet is a small animal specalist and after all theyve done for phoebe and my dog bouncer i 100% trust there judgement! even tho there a wee bit expensive - i think its worth it knowing my buns will be in safe hands. I got quoted £30 for a small private vet 10 mins away from me and my immediate reaction was BUTCHERS! :?
Any idea how long girlies have to be seperated for? I know Phoebe was something like 6 weeks but i think its different for girls
Sorry for my rambling and questions! :oops: just wanna make sure I know EVERYTHING before i do this

Piper lives with her Husbun Phoebe and Holli - there a little family bless them :lol: But odv common sense tells me i cant put Piper straight back in with Holli and Phoebe - So was just wondering how long she'll need be kept away from my other two?

I would keep them alltogether personally. I bonded Scout with Marley & Fiver when she was unneutered and the boys were 'done'.

They all went to the vets together when she was speyed. The boys were very symapthetic to her, they knew she didn't feel well and snuggled and groomed her.

I know Phoebe was seperated because the sperm can still live on for a few weeks after and Piper had a litter of babys so i had to keep them seperate - luckily there really inlove so got on really well togeather as soon as i reintroduced them
SO it'll be ok when she comes home to go straight back in the cage with Phoebe and Holli? or shoud i keep her seperate for the 1st night or so to make sure she eats and drinks?

I would be taking them all to the vets together personally. Fiver & Marley were kept in a cage next to Scout while she came round and then put back together at the vets when she was moving about.

I kept all three in together overnight to make sure she was eating and toileting.

Back