• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Milly (update we have babies) pics added

sazzy

Warren Veteran
I think milly is pregnant she has a slight lump to one side of her :shock: I really hope she's not pregnant i don't no what i will do :shock:

Last edited:
I thought that most rabbits didn't show they were pregnant until a few days until they give birth. It may be something else. Maybe take her to a vet?

I don't want to stress her out any more than she already is i think i will have to wait and see it might just be cause she is puting weight on as she was a skinny little thing when she came to me

Update Milly had 4 babies during the night they all look well. Do i need to increase millys food intake? Is there anything else i need to do?

Well i always check in the bed area when i checked this morning there were 4 wrigglys so i think there all alright

Not 100% sure but hunnybunny2007 took a buck the same as milly and the vet told her he was about 5 months old so i think milly is about the same

Do you still need advice? I am sorry I can't help but thought I would bump the thread in case there is someone out there with enough knowledge to help.

That must have been a shock. Sounds like your doing ok though.

xx

Yes increase her food intake and make sure she has plenty of bedding for the babies and hay to eat.

Yes increase her food intake and make sure she has plenty of bedding for the babies and hay to eat.

Ok i will up her food i just got it to the right amount too as she had lots of loose poo's and they have finely stop :roll: is there any thing else i need to do when can i check them properly

Looking at the number of times someone has an unexpected surprise litter, and does not know what to do, we could really do with someone who knows the answers to write a definitive 'what to do when you have newborn baby buns' in the rabbit care reference section....
anyone....

Back