• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever ordered from this site? (SO MAD!!!)

Kibbles

Mama Doe
I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered Profleece from thedoginn.com? Are they efficient? Because I ordered my profleece last Monday, and got an email saying it would be dispatched within 48 to 72 hours. So, alright, up to three days. That's Thursday to be dispatched. How long is it supposed to take to ARRIVE??!? Im probably just being impatient, but we haven't even got an email to say that it's been sent. I know its only been... Er... 2 working days since it was possibly dispatched... But we never even got a stupid EMAIL!!!! :evil::evil::evil:
And I've already scrubbed out Starsky's hutch, so I cant put any hay or straw in it so Starsky cant go in it, therefore he's living in his run right now, the poor darling!!
Although he spends most of his time in the run anyway, as he has full access to it.. but STILL!

I would email them - you have a right to cancel the order within 7 days even if you received the goods, so you can certainly cancel and go elsewhere if they haven't delivered - but a polite email query usually gives them a nudge - last time I cancelled an online order, I got the stuff next day recorded delivery :lol:

Well, I don't want to cancel because I'm quite sure it will arrive; but I've gone to all the trouble with Starsky's hutch. But it really has only been 2 working days after the dispatch, so...

But I've just read on the site Terms, this:
UK Mainland* FREE Delivery is usually dispatched within 7 working days by Mail Order Service to most areas of mainland England, Wales and Southern Scotland

7 WORKING DAYS! Although I suppose if it is 7 working days I have the right to complain seeing as they said it would be 48-72 hours. :roll:

Never heard of that site. But not to even get an email is just really, really poor service. Inexcusable, actually! It's people like that who give the rest of us a bad name. :censored:

That said, if they said despatch in 48-72 hours, you've got to allow time to do it. The 7 day clause would be standard just in case they've sold out (it can happen the same day your order was processed) and need to get some more. But if that's the case they should let you know.

As a guide, we try and despatch in 24-48 hours, but you'd get an email within 24 hours to let you know if, for whatever reason, it'd take longer.

TBH i think online shopping in general is overrated..My local petshop does LOADS of stuff and if u spend over a £1 they'll deliver because the bags of stuff are HUGE. you can get a huge tall fat sack of shavings for £6 :shock: and its £3 for hay for same size :shock:
I ordered a season of charmed off HMV and it took them calling day before christmas eve saying they had been late sending the order out because they'd ran out, they shud of informed me so i could of went to the shop and bought it! GRRR :censored:
Id rather go to a shop,see what im buying than internet shop!

Going to a shop is great if the shop near you provides what you want. I used to get hay and straw from the pet shop, but it wasn't good enough quality and it was in smaller sacks and so cost slightly more in packaging. Love internet shopping as I don't have to leave my house (lazy, I know. :lol:) and it's delivered for me so I can order in bulk, saving p+p and getting some discounts.

If you do have to cancel or decide to go elsewhere I may be able to help - I've got 5 large brand new 60 x 40 pieces for sale .
Hope you manage to get it sorted soon

pro fleece

I order it from pro fleece @aol.com the manufacturer their service was very good delivered in
3 days and that was just before Christmas. however it might be the carrier
if you email them they should chase it up.

Just read this also in the terms...
'We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 30 day no quibble guarantee.'

:shock::shock::shock:

Have just had a look at their website - I guess they think you won't complain as delivery is free :? You still have a right to cancel though - just send an email stating that you hereby cancel - it's legal.

did you read what I said about wilkinsons selling pet fleece for £5 - not a plush probably but it's a big enough piece that you can cut it in half and wash one half, and see if he even likes it (none of mine do - they dig it into a ball and pee on it :lol:)

But I have my heart set on my lovely piece of Profleece :lol:

For some reason I just can't get over it :shock::shock::shock: But i'll probably e-mail them to ask about if its been dispatched or when it will arrive. :?

I ordered from there before Christmas. It did take a while to arrive but I thought it was just due to the time of year.

It might not be their fault through, once they have posted it it's the royal mails responsibility (or who ever the delivery/courier company is), and sometimes things do get delayed or go missing in the post. I know it's a PITA, but you either need to be patient, or chase it up politely.

have you emailed them yet? just say something like 'I wonder if you could give me a delivery date for this as I need it urgently - thanks for your help, best wishes' - so it's not criticising them but it will give them a nudge :) I had the same experience this week waiting for some new beads - I sent a similar email to the one above and got my beads next day with an apology :)

E-mailed them finally; except I couldn't do it on the e-mail that we used for ordering it, because my sister had to be a brat. :cry: Because when we ordered it she put her own e-mail down. Since I HAD to e-mail them and she had to be so incompetent, I went on her e-mail to e-mail THEM and not do anything else, as I'm just not a snoop. She changed her password. Then she decided to go on MINE, and flick through ALL MY E-MAILS and then saw the Lonely Hearts thing for rabbits in that online bunny magazine, and of course I burst into tears because she has absolutely no right to snoop through my e-mails.

:cry::cry::cry:

Back