• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly rebonded...small problem

Helloo :wave:I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help us out:)

So Fae and Joey were separated for about 2 months or so because of problems we had with bunny illnesses, and also because Joeys neuter was a little messy and we wanted to give him a bit of alone time (Fae pesters and he was ever so poorly:( ) Weve now reintroduced them and they obviously remember their old bond very well and theres no aggression. We have even had grooming a few times from Fae. The problem is all she gets in return is him trying to mount her, bless her heart. This is a big problem for her, she gets very scared. We seriously think she may realise the connection with pregnancy (she has given birth to a single baby in her past but it was stillborn) Whatever it is she gets very worked up about it

Now of course shes been spayed for months and Joey was neutered 6 weeks ago now...is it just a case of keeping them apart a few more weeks? Its a shame because wed really like them both to have full run of the living room like they used to while were away on our honeymoon, and its so nice to see them together. Will this die down with time if we just leave them and will he get bored? For now they are in separate crates next to eachother, coming out for runs together several times during the day...but we want our free range couple back:) Weve tried them in our little room but all we get is the same, him trying to mount and her getting very scared

Thanks! Any help much appreciated by all of us!

100_4728.jpg

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention, this wasnt a problem before as Joey wasnt half as bothered about it pre neuter! Although he was only a baby back then. Thanx:wave:

It should die down over the next day or so. I think if you keep them seperate for longer the same thing may still happen when you introduce them. My boy was neutered 3 years ago and still mounted his new female when i introduced them.

You just need to keep an eye on Fae to make sure she doesn't turn on joey if she has had enough of it.

However someone else may have different advice as bonding bunnies always seems to be different depending on the bunnies and the person doing the bonding

Back