• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit houses

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
indoor rabbits - do you prefer a rabbit cage or a fold up dog crate for your bunnies? we have one of each found the rabbit cage gets chewed they dnt do this in the dog crate but witht he dog crate the stuff ie hay falls out as no sides

lisa

i have a dog crate and used correx (like corrugated card but plastic) to line the bottom and scored it to fold up the sides (then put carpet tiles on the floor). i use a hay ball and hardly get any mess on the floor.

I had just bought a new outdoor hutch, unfortnately Misty is old and isnt as well as she used to be so I just brought the hutch indoors...

Mind you she is hardly ever in it, just hops in for the toilet and food :)

i have a dog crate and used correx (like corrugated card but plastic) to line the bottom and scored it to fold up the sides (then put carpet tiles on the floor). i use a hay ball and hardly get any mess on the floor.

thats a good idea thanks as the buns do prefer the dog crate to the indoor rabbit cage think its coz its taller for them to stand up in and bars further apart

lisa

It also helps if you have a hay rack that has a back as opposed to those wire ones, like this one:

HayRack_200.jpg

I use a towel in Thor's litter tray so no wee goes out of the sides, and I just chuck it in the wash at the end of the day :)

I use a towel in Thor's litter tray so no wee goes out of the sides, and I just chuck it in the wash at the end of the day :)

That's bizarre! :lol:
Why don't you use a natural, paper cat litter like Bio-Catolet? Much more hygenic...for you and Thor i'd have thought?! :shock:

I've tried various litters but he will only wee on finest egyptian cotton! :lol:

Just in case you were wondering I use separate towels to him ;)

Back