• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fire- proof shed

lisa82

Mama Doe
Has any one fire-proofed their buns/piggies shed? I did think of a metal one but previous threads on here suggest against this. Is there anything safe that you can paint on it etc? Thanks :D (I am quite a paranoid bunny mum!)

I think it would be quite difficult to do that! Even if you made it of 'fire proof' material the hay or something could catch fire (don't ask me how).

If I were you I would fit a battery run small fire alarm (you can easily get them from B and Q etc), these are VERY loud, and you would hear it if it went off.

While you are at it you could buy a security light as well!

(I am quite a paranoid bunny mum!)

:wave:I am exactly the same, I have a thing about fire. Our buns are not out at the minute but they will have a smoke detector dout there once they are back out. I have also gone to the extreme of getting a cctv camera so I can check on them throughout the night :oops:
When I leave my house the leccy gets switched off so nothing happens to my cat, although I think alot of it is OCD kicking in but hey ho who cares :)

I think it would be quite difficult to do that! Even if you made it of 'fire proof' material the hay or something could catch fire (don't ask me how).

If I were you I would fit a battery run small fire alarm (you can easily get them from B and Q etc), these are VERY loud, and you would hear it if it went off.

While you are at it you could buy a security light as well!

Thanks for the logical advice!! I didn't think about the hay :?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about fire, except I don't worry so much about the outside ones but rather the house rabbits. When I go to bed I often think what will I do if the house catches fire in the night, how would I get them all out. :shock:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about fire, except I don't worry so much about the outside ones but rather the house rabbits. When I go to bed I often think what will I do if the house catches fire in the night, how would I get them all out. :shock:

OOh don't start me off, mine are indoors, and prob will remain indoors. I do have a little plan but don't like to think about it! :(

Back