• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet carriers

lucy pepsi

Warren Scout
:Ddoes anyone have the fabric carriers? we need a new one and am after any recommendations...... ??!!!:D

Have always had the plastic hard cases before and wondered if anyone had preferences for anything else!

I use the wire ones - (white ) they are nibble proof and easily washed out and 'disinfected'

When I first had a rabbit I used the woven (willow??) ones -part way to the vet the rabbit had already eaten his way out!! We had to screech to a halt at a pet shop and bought a wire one - never looked back.

My preference is also for top openers rather than ones with a small 'one end' entrance which it can be difficult to get a recalcitrant rabbit into!

We use the plastic ones as much easier to clean and disinfect than a fabric one. Some buns will also try to nibble the fabric so we found the plastic ones more practical

I use a plastic one which has a "sunlight" in it to allow air and light in and has another compartment in its lid to put a few nibbles - ideal when our vets is a good 25 minutes away (can take up to 40 if traffic is bad)
We've always used the plastic ones for our cats and rabbits as there easy to disinfect and store

Hi Lucy

We sell a fabric carrier, but to be honest we've never even thought of putting it in our 'rabbit carriers' section. At home, I use the plastic, solid ones like everyone else does.

The fabric one i have in mind, has a clear plastic end, and the bottom on the inside is removable so you can wash it. It also has a shoulder strap, which is really useful if your bunny's a little...um...'plump. :lol:

But my advise would be to go for a decent quality 'hard' carrier as it's probably more practical for bunnies. There are some very good ones on the market that don't cost a fortune.
Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got both. But would prefer to use the hard carrier as it is so much more sturdy and the catches are more secure. The fabric one is fine for the buns to sit in in their run as a novelty.

I use an indoor cage. Its not huge but they can both happily sit and strech out in it! They find it much better as they can both be together, whereas before I had 2 crriers:roll:

I use a dog crate (for my giants) and 2 plastic, wire ones that open from the top much more easier than the cat carrier type ones.

We use our indoor cage for transporting too. Buns can definitely stretch out in it! :lol:

2004389303222078567rsxw5.jpg

Back