• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine not too well (U/D) she's gone to the bridge! see pg 2

brightspark19

Warren Scout
OMG, Jasmine is at the vets and its not looking too good.

She is my 15 month old Champagne D'argent and she has just had her myxi jab on friday with Oscar. She has been fine since then. This morning i opened them up at 8:00am and she was fine then, bouncing about in her hutch with her *husband* Henry. I went shopping at about 10am and when i came home at 12 i prepared their veg and gave it to them. She didnt really seem too interested in it and didnt eat any, which i just assumed that she had filled herself up on hay.

I went to work at 1 and when i came home at 5, my dad had just come back from the vets without Jasmine. He said that he went to check on her at 4 and she still hadn't eaten anything. At this point she was still standing and moving. but she was stone cold. My dad bought her in and put her by the fire and tried to get her to eat/drink and phoned the vet. He took her to the vet and she deteriorated really quickly and was laying flat at the vets. My dad phoned them at 7 and they said she had been given a drip, loads of antibiotics and stuff to encourage her digestive system to work. Apparently she has a gaseous stomach, high temp but they don't know what else is wrong.

They phoned us at 8:10pm and i feared the worst but they said she is slighty inproving and her head is now upwards but i have to wait until tomorrow before i know any more. Any spare vibes floating around, please direct them this way! Thank you

Last edited:
Oh no! I hope they manage to shift the gas and get her eating and drinking again. Sending tonnes of calming vibes to you and get well, eat and poo vibes to her xx

Vibes coming your way. Hope you get a nice phone call in the morning to say she's getting better xx

Jasmine unfortunately didnt make it :(

I got a call from the vets at half 8 monday morning to say she had passed away. He said she had been a little better in the night but then went down very quickly and didn't produce any poo!

They don't know what was wrong with her but they thing she might have had a blockage of some sort.

I feel like its my fault though, its the second rabbit ive lost in the last 5 months. The first was 22 months old, and jasmine was 15 months. They both had the same sort of symptoms. But i can't understand why, they have plenty of fresh veg, water and hay every day and she was fine on sunday morning.

I feel so sorry for Henry, he's lost his wife and he seems so lonesome and confused. I wish rabbits could understand english, but then in some ways i think its best thay didnt.

Thanks for all the vibes, she was a little fighter but nature prooved too strong for her.

awww I'm so sorry she died :( don't blame yourself though - bunnies are fragile and quite unpredictable from what I've read in 3yrs on forums :(

Back