• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass...Grr

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Hi.
The grass in the buns run isn;t quite good. It is nice for them to sit in though. Does anyone know if when the summer comes round, the grass will get nice and green for them?

Its just that because the run it fixed onto the playhouse, we cant move it:?

Depends what you mean by 'not quite good'?

Is it just nibbled down to the roots? In which case it MAY get nice and green in summer but it depends on the rabbit/per square foot ratio!

Is it weedy? In which case it will stay weedy (but thats good for rabbits!)

Or is it very very bare and patchy? In which case you might need to just buy in some rolls of turf and roll them out.

It's unlikely to get vastly better without some TLC if they are on it all the time.

I have bought some of the bunny grow your own grass seeds from the hay experts and have planted them into a cat litter tray. They're growing really well and I give the tray to the nethies regularly to munch on and sit in. Fortunately they don't dig in it but they do sit on it while they eat, and the grasses are quite robust so they cope quite well. Might be worth a go!

PS I should also explain that grass comes in many different types - and some are much better at recovering from bunny nibbles than others. The 'fine' grasses will take a bit of a beating and will not come back so well, the rough old 'average' grass will probably come back. Did you sow the grass yourselves or was it already there?

It just seems to be really ****:? I cant describe it? It is sort of really dul? Its not weedy its just grass.

Also. what does flagged it mean?:oops:

PS I should also explain that grass comes in many different types - and some are much better at recovering from bunny nibbles than others. The 'fine' grasses will take a bit of a beating and will not come back so well, the rough old 'average' grass will probably come back. Did you sow the grass yourselves or was it already there?

Was already there?:)

Back