• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far would a bunny run go?

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
Probably been asked before, but I am just curious (nosey:oops:)... how far would a bunny run be prepared to go and does it depend on the bunny? I know some get stressed so this could lead to GI stasis.... also same thing with piggies? Thanks:D

My bunny Bea came all the way from Devon to Manchester and she was fine apart from a dicky stomach but that went in a day or so.

We took our old Amile from Nottinghamshire to here with no ill effects. She was in a very fragile state too because of the life we were taking her from. But any illnesses she had were from that, the journey didnt phase her at all

back in 1999 I took my house rabbit to Germany when we got posted there with the army, we went by ferry to holland and drove on to germany, Alex was absolutly fine, no probs at all.

I have rehomed in Scotland, Newcastle, London areas all with know ill effects.

Snoopy came from Kayj all the way down to Surrey in one day. He was fine and happily munching parsley in the car.
We took two carriers full of 8-week old babies from Northampton to Surrey (they came from Nottingham that day),and they were all fine.
When we took 4 bunnies from Surrey up towards Birmingham, one of them got quite stressed and was rolling her eyes and behaving strangely. She calmed down in her new home, though.
Some bunnies don't travel well, but they are the minority, I think.

I will keep this for future reference then;) All being well, Benjamin will need a wife-bun at some point this year:D What about piggies though? Mine get a little freaked going to the vet,:? but then, tbh so do I!!!;):lol:

The only problem you may have is some rescues will not home to a long distance..I think Hopper Haven only rehome locally:? and most RSPCA centres again only home locally..

I adopted off Hopper Heaven, and I also take in for the RSPCA and I will rehome theirs any distance.

I adopted off Hopper Heaven, and I also take in for the RSPCA and I will rehome theirs any distance.

Ahh well my mistake then,, I thought HH only adopted within a certain radius:?
and my RSPCA will not home outside the area..
but looks like you'll have most of the uk to choose from Petticoat :D

Fantastic!!!:D As soon as he is recovered from his 'procedure';) we will be looking:D I really fancy another lionhead next or a chocolate dutch, but she will be rescue, so whatever comes along really:D

Back