• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does the chasing go on for? Bonding 3 Rabbits!

Ashley

Alpha Buck
I trying to bond my already bonded pair with a placcid doe. Its day 2 and i think its going well :D

When the new doe, comes near my doe, my doe chases her off. There has been no fighting as the new doe just runs away. :roll:

How long does the chasing go on for and Is this normal bonding behaviour? Also would you leave them overnight? :roll:

Otherwise they all seem happy enough and are doing normal rabbit things. :D

Last edited:
I've never bonded 3, but chasing is normal.
What do you mean by leave them overnight?? You don't split them up overnight do you??

If there's no aggression then I would leave them. The more time they spend together the quicker they should bond with each other :D How are Twinkle and Ben, are they getting on well?

Like everyone else has said please do not split them up as you will need to recover ground you have already done over the past days. Chasing can go on for a number of days and just needs to be ignored if you want these to bond properly. As long as they are not fighting go with it.

Please keep us updated on how you get on. I have a bonded pair (male & female) and a single male bun. The idea was to bond them to make a trio but Benny will not take to the new bun, William at all. They kiss through the bars, but as soon as they're in neutral space the boys fight. Betty just keeps out of the way! I'm going to give it another go this spring, but I'm doubtful that its going to work. :cry:

Back