• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flump has stasis :-(

Jeremy

Wise Old Thumper
Noticed he was bit sluggish yesterday, but when went in this morning hadn't touched his supper and just sat in his tray very unresponsive. Just called out the emergency vet. He's in a bad way :(

He's now pumped full of drugs to get his gut moving, and painkillers. Also antibiotics because the vet said his breathing sounded quite wheezy though the stethoscope. :(

He's now sat on a snugglesafe and I will syringe feed him in while once he's had a chance to settle down after the vet visit. Dead worried about him :(

awww poor little chap :( good job it's the weekend and you're home though! Hope he's improving soon - syringing lots of water usually sorts Zinniea out. I'll bet the windy weather's what spooked him :?

Oh no - so sorry to hear this - my heart always skips a beat when I hear that a bun has stasis - I lost my beloved Hobo this way - you feel so useless.
Good luck with the syringe feeding.

Any poo from Flump yet Jeremy?

Hope he will be OK

Janex
Thanks everyone. He's done 5 tiny poos, and is eating small amounts of the critical care by himself, which is good. He's also slurped down 7 syringes of warm water which he seems to really like.

Still barely moving though, but thanks for all your good wishes. All my fingers crossed for all the other stasis buns too. :(

Back