• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My four in the sun today.

capel

Warren Veteran
It's so mild that I decided to put Nia and Tim, as well as Floss and Bournville, out in the run for an hour this morning.I've also got some vid clips which I'll put uo later. It's very windy but I can't get over how mild it is. I'm sure I read somewhere that the temperatures were due to plummet today:?
Bournville doing his "Aren't I a handsome laddie?" pose.:lol:
DSC03821.jpg

Floss doing her usual eating binge!
DSC03822.jpg

Tim and Nia together in the run outside for the first time
DSC03826.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

Hi Jill. She's due to be weighed at the vet's on Thursday, but I'm going to weigh her tonight so will update then. She looks as though she's filled out ove the past week though. Her coat is in lovely soft condition(maybe the result of Tim's constant grooming, of course:lol:), and she's very perky. Finding her a friend has been the best thing!!! I'm about to load one of the the video clips now:)

Hi Jill. She's due to be weighed at the vet's on Thursday, but I'm going to weigh her tonight so will update then. She looks as though she's filled out ove the past week though. Her coat is in lovely soft condition(maybe the result of Tim's constant grooming, of course:lol:), and she's very perky. Finding her a friend has been the best thing!!! I'm about to load one of the the video clips now:)

us gals seem to get fat when weve met the right bloke :lol::lol::lol::lol: must be true love :love:

:D:D Contentment I suppose:lol: Here's the last one of them now, I'll put the two of F&B up shortly.

awww how lovely... it is nice weather today... im not at home, so mine only got half hour each this morning x

Awwww bless. They look like they had fun.

Where do your 2 couples live when they're not out enjoying the sun? I am just trying to imagine what life may be like with 4 bunnies instead of 2 now :rolleyes:

Oh also are they ok sharing the run one couple after the other? I am concerned about my existing pair attacking eachother when they smell another bunny....

Thanks

Last edited:
Awww they look like they are having fun!!! :D:D:D

Ummm what shampoo does Bourny use? :shock::lol: Hes so shiney and glossy! :lol:

Awwww bless. They look like they had fun.

Where do your 2 couples live when they're not out enjoying the sun? I am just trying to imagine what life may be like with 4 bunnies instead of 2 now :rolleyes:

Oh also are they ok sharing the run one couple after the other? I am concerned about my existing pair attacking eachother when they smell another bunny....

Thanks
Floss and bournville live here. It's a 5x3 double hutch with a home made 5x3 run attached, and they have their own 8x4 portable run which gets moved to a different piece of lawn(I use the term loosely these days!!) every day.
DSC01517.jpg

NEWRUN.jpg

Rog made both 8x4 runs..that's why they look like the same one:)

Tim and Nia live indoors in the spare bedroom in the spare 6x4 run at the moment, and today was their first time outdoors together. I have another spare 8x4 run which was always reserved for my foster buns, which they will be using when outside now. When the weather turns warmer Nia and Tim will move outside to the 6x2 hutch which was bought for foster buns, but Rog will have to get to work to add a small run to it, before then.
DSC03206.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh ok cool :) Well I think I am doing the right thing for Winter in trying to get him a HH and Fia and Zi already have their set up which whey're happy with. Thanks for sharing your bunny accom details!

How do you deal with 4 bunnies + fosters? I have noticed that a lot of people on here have 4+ bunnies and I thought having 2 was a challenge. Of course I will put the same effort into both pairs but I am wondering how much more time it will take. I am sure it will be easier than I think, just a bit pricey at first!

Thanks again

Ahhh ok cool :) Well I think I am doing the right thing for Winter in trying to get him a HH and Fia and Zi already have their set up which whey're happy with. Thanks for sharing your bunny accom details!

How do you deal with 4 bunnies + fosters? I have noticed that a lot of people on here have 4+ bunnies and I thought having 2 was a challenge. Of course I will put the same effort into both pairs but I am wondering how much more time it will take. I am sure it will be easier than I think, just a bit pricey at first!

Thanks again

Good question. Up till recently I only had my Floss & Bournville. Nia was originally a foster bun, but when she became permanent I had to find her a friend which upped the total to 4. I never, ever intended to have 4.:lol::lol: Fostering is on hold at the moment as Nia and Tim will be in the hutch and using the run intended for foster buns. I have two 4x2 hutches which will do in an emergency situation but obviously I'll only be able to do short term fostering now. Time wise there's a bit of a difference, but oddly enough it hasn't doubled..maybe I'm just getting a bit more organised and efficient. It helps that F&B are litter trained so their hutch takes only a few minutes every day. Nia hasn't quite clicked yet( not sure if she's a bit incontinent actually, but Tim is a little wonderbun!!) and so I have to take a bit longer over their area at the moment. Our grass will take a bit of a battering though, as previously F&B used the whole of the back lawned areas and I kept the front for fosters(quarantine situation), so if I continue with the fosters our 4 will have a smaller area and I may not be able to move the runs every day.

Last edited:
:wave:Hi Hilda, lovely piccies :D
I bet they all loved it outside yesterday very mild..Gone chilly here today though mine are out though as it's sunny.

Same here, Karen. Tim and Nia are inside though as it's too cold for nia today. I reckon time would be OK as he's got such a thick coat, but there's nothing of Nia really.

Back