• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your buns do that they know they shouldn't?

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Every time I let Rocky out of his cage, the first thing he does is check the bathroom!! We don't let him in there because he tries to demolish the wheathgrass laundry basket. But he is obsessed with the place and leave the door open for a second and he's in! :roll:

One time I couldn't find him and I even went in to check and he must have heard me coming and hid behindthe door so I ended up closing him in!!

Anyway, it got me wondering... what do your little critters do that they know they shouldn't and then give you that 'butter wouldn't melt' look??? :angel:

do about 5 laps of the garden before going back to her hutch despite being out for hours and not moving for the last one or 2 (Caramel) :roll: weeing on the floor, biting (not very often now), chasing people, usually for their food but he knows he shouldn't (Fudge)!!! Splodge and Sugarplum are pretty good :D

do about 5 laps of the garden before going back to her hutch despite being out for hours and not moving for the last one or 2 (Caramel) :roll: weeing on the floor, biting (not very often now), chasing people, usually for their food but he knows he shouldn't (Fudge)!!! Splodge and Sugarplum are pretty good :D

:lol::lol::lol: Thats what mine do, they can spend all day in the garden just sitting in the same spot but when its time to get back in their hutches they are off running about like mad :roll: :lol:

the list is endless...

only today ive got in trouble for not noticing the buns (PEARL) has dug out the wires to stes steering wheel for the pc and totally destroyed them.

pearl digs the carpet under the sofa, Alvin eats wallpaper fresh off the walls and gets into the bathroom behind the toilet at every opportunity, its well nasty behind there too ewwwwwwwwwwwww

they both beg for junk food that they are not allowed, they both try to eat the nut shells the chippies throw out of the cage, alvin chews the wire to get into the cage annnnnd he chews the plastic/magnetic strip to the fridge when i open the door

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats all i can think of for now but im sure theres hundred more things ive just forgotten about

Well, this morning Inky escaped from the run (that'll teach me not to secure all areas when cleaning out), hopped down the garden (without limping, so that's positive:lol:). When I recaptured him, he grunted at me to say "I was having fun!"

Smokey regularly chews my jeans and then gives me her "What? Me?" look when I turn round.

Biscuit: Jumps on your plate when you're eating, humps Wuzzle's head, gets behind the TV, eats all Wuzzle's food.

Wuzzle: Humps Biscuit CONSTANTLY, runs into the bedroom if we accidently leave the door open, just so he can admire himself in the mirror (It's the funniest thing ever though!!!)

Nibbles: Goes behind the sofa, attempts to reach chocolate we've put out her reach (she's actually really smart and usually manages to get it when our backs are turned) eats the dried leaves on Mum's prayer plant.

Bobby: Drags and eats the carrier, steals my vegetarian jelly.

Other than that, they're little angels :lol:

My bridge dutchie buns Bugsy and George used to eat carpet which they knew they weren't allowed to do and they also weren't allowed behind the sofa as chewing would commence. So I would block it with cushions and they would still manage to get down there. As soon as I appeared they would fly out as if to say "we weren't behind there" :lol:

When my girls were living inside they were never allowed to go into the bed (since they use it as a litter box:roll:) so obviously that's the first place they try to go.:lol: Tried putting up walls of blankets and pillows for Aroma but she'd still try to jump over (occasionally she crashed into the wall of blankets and feel back down, but she kept trying)

well my new bunny hayden is such a little madam. ive been keeping a close eye on her as she goes everywhere that is blocked off. but today i went to ring my mum and u can only guess what she did. i don't know how she did it as i always move her when she goes near the back of the settee. shes ok though. my o/h aint best pleased though. cheeky cheeky:roll::roll:

All of mine like to wind the other groups of rabbits up by getting under the tarpaulins covering their runs - BB my frenchie is the worst offender, and when I shout her name down the garden to distract her she looks at me as if to say "what????":lol:

He likes to sneak under the bed, despite the fact that I've got lots of boxes and things blocking his entry underneath the valance!

Once I came back from filling his water bottle to find him standing on the wrong side of the bed. I stood and looked at him and said "What is this?" and he darted straight back in his cage: he knew that he had Done Wrong! :lol:

Ozzie thumps in the middle of the night and tosses his food bowls, hay basket and litter trays around. He also eats all of my plants and both of them break into the closed off flower beds to eat all the flowers! Both of them also poop on the decking even though we've just sweeped it. The other thing he does is hop in the house every time the door opens to search for food in the 'rabbit box'. We have a stacker box in the living room with all the food and treats and stuff and he gets in it, scratches at boxes and grabs bags of treats to run off with!
Rolo humps and bites Ozzie. She's very narky at times, poor bloke.:roll: Ozzie is cheeky and Rolo is grumpy!

Where to start?

Cornflake - chews telephone wires we are on our fourth phone in 5 months, (i don't know how she gets to them) she enjoys wallpaper and carpet.

Follow - Likes to get into rooms that he isn't supposed to. Loves the bathrooms, once caught him drinking out of the shower cubicle. He likes sit on the dinning room chairs and sometimes gets on to the sofa and gives the butter wouldn't melt look. And yesterday I had my dolls house on the dinning room table and he decided to get into that

The both know the sound f the fridge and try to get in it. And have learnt the sound of the toast (even thought they aren't given bread)

Try and get into any non bunny proofed room.
Poo and pee all over the living room despite the fact that there were no less than 3 litter trays in it.

Beemer - Escape out of his pen so much we gave up and he is now free range in the bathroom also.......jump on the bed when me and the OH are having a "cuddle" :oops:

Cornflake - chews telephone wires we are on our fourth phone in 5 months, (i don't know how she gets to them) she enjoys wallpaper and carpet.

lol that's very naughty! Rocky did that once and my O/H was on the phone to BT and our broadband supplier for an hour in total trying to find out what was wrong as we hadn't noticed!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a cheeky chappy, but that's what charming about buns. They're such free spirits whether we like it or not :lol:

Chewing my boyfriends computer wires. (unplugged of course)
knawing my wooden table
scratching the carpet
biting
fighting
but apart from that they're great! :censored:

Apart from the normal trying to chew wires/dig carpet -

Red likes to wait until Oh is sleep on the sofa and then jump up and over the arm of the sofa and land on his face :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Also she like to sit in any seat you have just vacated and eats the sunflower seeds the Freebie has learnt to throw out of her cage for red.

Faline is only allowed upstairs. But everytime the living room door is opened she dashes up. Thumping as she goes past so she knows she's going to get told off. I think she likes to play chase.

wow, i'm quite lucky with Carlton, some bums on here are so cheeky!

though he knows he shouldn't get on the sofa (because he will wee) i still have to remove him from it a hundred times a day. he's always trying to get on the bed, luckily it's laminate flooring but if you leave any clothing on the floor he knows he's got leverage to get on there.

any folds in material (wether it's his favourite rug, what i'm wearing, a cushion) he simply must bite a hole in them.

trying to steal the hamsters food by squashing his face against the bars (!) and sometimes deciding that while i'm cleaning out the hamster cage that it is his new toilet... that'll teach me!

Back