• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free time

touie

Wise Old Thumper
How much free time to run about do your rabbits get? I just let Sugarplum and Splodge out in the garden and after 10 mins of charging around Sugarplum's gone back to bed :roll: On the other hand Caramel would be out for as long as possible, I even catch her lying under her hutch if it rains rather than going back into it :roll::lol:

During the week my two are out for an hour in the morning, and five to six hours in the evening. At weekends it's about 15 hours. But an awful lot of that time is spent flopped out - quite often they take themselves back to their cage.

Yesterday they had access out from 9.30 am but chose to spend most of the day together in their cage.

Trip and Scarlett have access to their run all the time, but are out of there when im home from work from about 6 to 11pm. Buu and Beau dont have run access all the time at the moment so are shut in their hutches overnight, but spend the day while im at work either in the house or in the run from about 7am to bout 11pm too :D They just do whatever they want at the weekend when im home :lol: Buu slept in the living room with me the other week but yesterday she didnt want to come out of her hutch most of the day even though the door was open she was busy throwing toys about and chewing stuff :lol:

my pair get just under an hour in the morning then go back in to eat their breakfast. they get just under an hour at lunchtime when i come home and then when ste has dropped me back to work the get let out either till about 4pm cus he works at 5 or right thro to the night if hes got a day off.

i let them out at 6pm if stes working and they stay out till about 11.30 when i go to bed and ste lets them out from about 2am till what ever time he gets to bed.... so really they are out as long as one of us is here to keep an eye on them...

weekends are generally from when i get up till when ste goes to bed so almost 24hr there minus the weekly shop and dog walking time....lol

It varies with mine. ^^
At the moment, I'm not happy with the amount of time they all get out of their hutches... None of mine have access to a run 24/7. I don't think I could safely provide that for them, so they are carried to a run daily. Barney & Amber gets at least 5 hours out (that's on a particularly bad day), in a run in the garage as that's under cover so it doesn't matter if it rains... But if it is sunny and I'm at home all day, they can be out from about 9-6pm. According to Barney though, that's not long enough. :roll: He's prefer to stay outside as it gets gloomy, so he can prance with foxes... In summertime, the two of them would be out from 8am-8pm.

I've only had Hazel & Bella for a little over a month now. At weekend, or if it is sunny during the week they are put outside for the same amount of time as the other two... But in a slightly smaller run, until I can persuade my dad to take me to where I got my bigger one from... If it is raining, then we turn the heating down and they come to prance in the kitchen for a few hours. ^-^

Completley varies on whos in the house - my dad refuses to move there cage and attach the run for outside - so if me or my mum is in and the weather permits - well move them outside and attach the run up to the cage. We only bring them in when it starts to get cold and damp.
If me or my mum is in the house the cage is opened and the buns are let out freerun downstairs so usally from about 6-7am then from 3:30pm till 9ish during week
Weekends are the best because they can be more or less out constantly

Mine have run access 24/7 but I like to let them have a free run as they have so much fun :D I just tried again with Sugarplum and Splodge, Splodge refused to come out and Sugarplum hopped over to the pond had a drink and went back to bed :roll: lazy pair :shock:

Mine have run access 24/7 but I like to let them have a free run as they have so much fun :D I just tried again with Sugarplum and Splodge, Splodge refused to come out and Sugarplum hopped over to the pond had a drink and went back to bed :roll: lazy pair :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i dont think bunnies realise when its out time they are supposed to run around and enjoy it :rolleyes:

Ive just popped my 3 outside and covered the indoor bit with a waterproof (huge rain clouds looming) and there all huddled up in the indoor bit asleep :lol:

Back