• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will he ever come round?

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
As you know I recently got my bun Carlo back... we always assumed he was a she, after all my friend bought him from a BRC breeder who said that was what he was- a doe! He was always so nervy and cage defensive and when I made the hard decision to rehome him/her, I thought he would go to a place where he could be spoilt... well you all know what happened and now he is home....
Yesterday he attacked me, I took him out to the garden and he freaked in the travel cage, but in his run he binkyed and ran about, so I assumed he was happy?:roll: Then I went to get him in and WHAM, he went for me:cry:
Is he still stressed out from his experience do you think? Or does he just not like me?:( I have never had this with any of my bucks... a couple of the does I have had, but not my boys....
I am just worried he will never come round... I don't want to part with him again.....:(

Is he neutered? Is is springtime and some bunnies do get more hormonal at this time of year.
As you say he has been through a lot of changes and probably just needs time
as you are now aware of his nerves you are prewarned..so approach him slowly and speak softly to him..offer him greens and stroke him gently while he is eating.
If you are really worried tie some soft material on a stick/or use an old soft toy and stroke him with this while you are talking to him..rub your hands on the material/toy so he gets used to your smell approaching and on him...if he attacks the stick/toy don't pull it away just continue talking gently until he stops.
it may take time but he will come round:D

Thanks, I tried getting on my knees to him and so he can properly see me and he was less frightened:) He loves nose rubs, but is so nervy.... he is gonna take alot of time and no way am I EVER parting with him again!!! He was going to be neutered next week, but its had to be pushed back a little longer, as Evie's op and aftercare has eaten into my resources....:( Think he will be better once he settles and once that is done.... Just think my boy is gonna take a long time, to realise that I love him...aw:oops:

Back