• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wet shavings

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Rocky's water bottle drips the tiniest amount (probably like 1 drip every hour) and every morning the area of shavings below it is wet. I replace this daily, and bunny is out a little during the day and pretty much all evening but do you think the damp shavings will cauase any probs?

I don't really want to change bottles as we had a couple before which he didn't like drinking from and I had to put his water in a dish. Obviously not great for spillages. This one he drinks from so I'd like to keep using it.

On another note, he is going to get deplummed on Monday! I'm spoiling him a little this weekend and I'm so nervous about it as he is the first rabbit I've had!!! I'm off all day tuesday tho too thankfully!

mine leaks a tiny amount and the bottom of his dog crate home is carpet tiles and he started to wee where the wet was (very annoying hand cleaning a carpet tile!). i bought a slate tile and put it under the bottle and the water just absorbs into the tile. i got a biggish one and bun likes to lay on it because it's nice and cool.

I don't think its that important. My bottles leak a little sometimes and in my hamster cage it would always be a wet patch under the bottle, and she didn't even have any bedding there (it was a multi-level cage, had bedding only in the first level) but she did fine.

Back