• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Announcement

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
As you all know sadly Jane Dexter has decided to close her rescue as soon as the bunnies in her care have all found loving forever homes and therefore I will not be fostering for her in the future, this is something I really ejoyed doing and will miss working for and with Jane, although I will be eternally grateful for all that Jane has taught me when it comes to looking after and nursing rabbits.

It is therefore with much pleasure that I tell you I will be opening my own Sanctuary and Rescue, which will be know as The Rabbit Retreat.

I will be giving a permanant home to elderly, special needs and unrehomable rabbits, as I have done with Mack & Mabel and Harriet & Harvey, to name but a few.

I will continue to help with rescuing rabbits, particularly some of the larger rescues as we have done in the past, and will assist other rescues when the need arises. I will be fostering for emergency situations. I will also be taking in and nursing sick rabbits when their owners are unable to or do not have the experience as I have done in the past. I will continue to help other rescues for requests of bunny runs and home checks.

Since I have been a member of this forum we have received overwhelming support for some of rescue work we have done, we have appealed for support quite a few times when faced with large emergency rescues and this community has come up trumphs every time, support that we couldn't have managed without, and I have to say that this is the forums strength, I therefore trust that I can count on the support I will need to continue to work for rabbit welfare.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thats fantastic news !! Good luck vibes for your new venture & a big thank -you & {{hugs}} from all the rescue buns out there. :wave:

So pleased to hear this Theo..will be nice to know there will be a decent permanent sanctuary for buns in need quite near..
Good luck with The Rabbit Retreat:D xx

YEY!!! I've been waiting for this announcement! ;) :D You are a great asset to the rabbit community Theo, and all your hard work really pays off, just look at Mack & Mable! :love:

You know that I am just down the road - ish, and am always willing to help if I can xx

And there was me thinking you'd booked a world cruise :roll: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS on your brave decision - I hope The Rabbit Retreat brings comfort and happiness to a lot of bunnies, and to you :D

Awwwww thank you everyone, it's really comforting to get support like this, I know that it's going to be hard work, stressful, tiring and traumatic and I know I am going to face a lot of heartbreak along the way and shed many tears but I also know that I will bring a lot of happiness, pleasure and comfort to some bunnies,

Thanks guys

Elve, a cruise.........I wish:lol::lol:

Last edited:
That is fantastic news Theo :D:D:D:D I am sooo happy for you - and for all the buns that will be helped in the future:D:D:D:D

Here's wishing Theo and the Rabbit Retreat many years of happiness:D and if I can ever be of any help then you know where I am:D although, I'm not too sure where I am myself at the moment:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love it when announcements like this are made:D:D:D:D:D

Back