• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Refresher Warning Foxes*

Katie

Mama Doe
Just as a new reminder to everyone be careful of foxes! Saw one today walk across the garden at the back of us in the midday sunshine, I rushed out to see if the rabbits were out or not, luckily mum hadn't opened their run yet but scared the life out of me!

Really brought home the immediate danger and threw out of the window my reservations of 'oh it won't happen to me, there aren't foxes in our area' I was very wrong!

Thank you for the reminder. I know all to well that there is no such thing as a 100% Fox proof/Fox free area :cry: In my case not even INSIDE my own house :cry:

Janex

refresher warning-foxes

Hhmm Yep:wave:you can never let your guard down when it comes to foxes:shock::evil:eek:nly the other day i caught one trying to get the gate open on my run:cry::shock:she had hooked her front legs around the gate post and was trying to drag it open:shock:
Biccy my silly bun was sitting just by the gate and didn,t bat an eyelid despite my frantic shouting:?they are so used to the foxes being round that they really don,t bother about them:?at least she was,t scared but it certainly put the wind up me :rolleyes::oops::lol:

:(

Foxes are vile....... 2 years ago i popped to the loo in the middle of the day, only to come down stairs 2 minutes later to find my beautiful british giant in the middle of the lawn dead. The fox had ripped her head clean off - we never found it. It was heartbreaking.....:cry:

Was talking to someone yesterday who has seen a fox in the middle of the day. She lives in town as well, not out in the country.

Also, make sure you have weld mesh not chicken wire on your hutches and runs; foxes AND rabbits can bite through chicken wire!

Thank you for the reminder. I know all to well that there is no such thing as a 100% Fox proof/Fox free area In my case not even INSIDE my own house

:shock::shock::shock::shock::cry::cry::cry:

There's been a fox spotted in our area too. We back onto woodlands, a stream and loadsa farmers fields. My lovely neighbour warned me about it. We have padlocks on our hutches so the foxes can't undo the doors. Don't know what to do about the runs though. The buns aren't going out into the garden until the landlord finishes it, and when we fox proof the runs. The buns just get free range in the flat every day.

Back