PDA

View Full Version : Spitting up bown stuff.

Chai Tea
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
This is really freaking me out. I was sitting on the couch with Chai, and she starts spitting up these little brown things. They looked just like little poops. Could this be bits of hay? Or do rabbits eat their poop? I don't get it. I just really want her to be okay. :cry: She did the same thing yesterday.

Thanks for your help!

Jack's-Jane
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
This is really freaking me out. I was sitting on the couch with Chai, and she starts spitting up these little brown things. They looked just like little poops. Could this be bits of hay? Or do rabbits eat their poop? I don't get it. I just really want her to be okay. :cry: She did the same thing yesterday.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, Rabbits eat one type of their poop called caecotrophs. These are soft poops shaped like a bunch of grapes.

Janex

Chai Tea
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Is it normal for them to spit them up though?

Thanks again.

Jack's-Jane
01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Do you mean actually 'coughing' ?

Janex

emjay
01-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Mine chew them up and sometimes spit out what they dont want :? lovely!
Has to be done though, helps them get all the nutrients that they need.. no coughing is associated though? Or do you mean just spitting out of the mouth?

IzzyTwig
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Mine occassionally eat their normal poos then spit them back out as if to say "eurgh, that was a bad idea, wrong type of poop!":lol:

Lauralou
02-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Mine occassionally eat their normal poos then spit them back out as if to say "eurgh, that was a bad idea, wrong type of poop!":lol:

:lol::lol: "eurgh, doesn't taste as good as a smelly sticky caecotroph" :lol::lol:

Chai Tea
02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Lol, yuck!! :?

Anyway, she spits them, not coughs.... so you don't think I have anything to worry about then?