• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want to get Bert a wife but i'm scared:

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
That when he's neutered he will change :(
He's going to be 2 around April and is lovely. Has he just not matured yet?

And i'm scared that if i find a wife they might not like each other and i will have two single equally as lonely buns :(

Am i being stupid?

Aww it'll be fine. Arthur was lovely before his de-plum and he is still lovely now, its just I know I won't get sprayed anymore!

If you go to the right place and have him bonded then I am sure he would be happier than if you didn't bother. Surely you wouldn't be expected to keep another rabbit that wasn't happy in the bond.

When you look through all the photos on here at all the happily bonded buns it shows how contented they are.

Good luck and I suppose just don't rush into it.

xx

Well my local rescue place is an RSPCA and i'm don't think they do bonding as such. I do want to get him a wife, i feel guilty that the 5 piggies have each other and he has no-one :cry:

I am speaking to the vet tomorrow about his de-plumming :?

i can understand your feelings. Lola is nearly one now and is the most loving bun, she's forever grooming me and licking me and running around my feet. I thought that if i got her a husbun that would all change but then i realised i would be selfish to keep her from having the opportunity for companionship, and maybe love, just for my own gains.We are going to pick Lola and her new husbun Rory up tomorrow and i can't wait. I'm sure our relationsip will change but i can't wait to see her with him, snuggled up. From the updates i've had it hasn't been the smoothest of bonds and i thank Sooz for her hard work and patience with them but i think its all going to be worth it.
As Kay said, if you go to a rescue, they may bond for you or give you the opportunity to return the bun if the bonding fails and you are unable to keep the new bun
Of course it is a personal decision, i would take your time and do some research etc. The best of luck with whatever you decide:D

Back