• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Second floor for playpen?

jenzel5

Mama Doe
i have posted this elsewhere but thought it would be better placed here. i am wanting to put a second floor in my rabbit's playpen but wondering how and what to use? Can someone please help? I have seen lots of other cages on here and think they are fab so want to do the same for my buns.

:wave:

We wanted Bunnie to have a second floor but were worried she might go mad one done and fall off so instead we are building her a large hut.

She has her old one which was shop bought and she always sits on top of it waiting for her dinner so we know when it due!

She has a 42" dog crate, so she will have a big hut to hide in and will be able to lie on top of it aswell.

Bought 2 sheets of thick ply, some thick strips of wood to go in side to secure top, bottom and sides to and to make it more sturdy and secure, and bought some fancy beading to go on edge so it not saw raw!

When done will post piccies but it waont be done for probably a few weeks!

hmmm.... if your pen has slatted sides then you coudl put wooden slats through the bars one end to the other and then sit a wooden board on top? alternatively get a wooden box to hide in and with a lid/roof to jump on top.. there is another link in this section with some piccis of my accomodation ... think its called 'advice on indoor accomodation wanted'....

You can see the slats and board in the lower floor of this piccie I foudn on the net
http://members.aol.com/BunRabtoo/nicopen.jpg

Back