• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy (Amy & Ambers) Rabbit

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Timmy is now living with me, and as bonded very nicely with Mayo and Branston. It was a heartbreaking decision that Amy had to make as Amber and Timmy just hated each other with a vengence to the point where even Amy's o/h had to go to casualty and get a tetanus because he tried to stop them fighting. Amber is still having vet treatment due to a wound off Timmy.
None of us said anything as Amy didn't want or need any bad feeling towards her which she doesn't deserve. The rescue where Timmy came from was fully aware of the problems that Amy was having and said that Jane Dexter could rehome him so that is why Timmy is with me. When Amy & Theo came up last week with Timmy, Mayo & Branston to our amazement they all bonded and are still living together.
As a rescue point of view and a friend, I think Amy as done the right thing by Amber & Timmy as she as made a completely unselfish decision and put the welfare of both rabbits first. This makes her a very caring person in my book.

Please all be supportivve of Amy's very hard decision and don't criticise her for making this decision.

its great news that he is now bonded and happy in his new home and im sure no-one on here will blame amy for such an obviously hard decision - i do know that some members on here can be very judgemental at times but i think you made a difficult decision and it was obviously in the best interests of the bun. a happy ending for Timmy. x x x x

That must of been heart breaking to do Amy, im sure nobody will judge you chick,you had to do what was best for both the bunnys and yourself *hugs* Timmy is odviously happy in his new home with Kayj which is good and its nice to hear hes settled in well :)
Vibes for Amber and hope shes feeling better soon xx

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry you had to make that decision :cry: I can't imagine anybody giving you a hard time for it.

I'm afraid that's what is going to happen when I try and bond my two. That they will just hate each other and not get along. I can't keep two seperate buns forever...

I know how upset you were hun! You've made the right dicision by both buns and it's very brave of you! Hope Amber is feeling better soon and your boyfriend!!
It take a real selfless person to do what you have done! Well done Amy!!
I'm always here to chat if your feeling upset!!

x x

ETA: I'm so glad he's bonded with the others! :D

Last edited:
Awww! I would never give "bad feeling" to somebody acting in the best interest of their pets. Glad little Timmy is happy in his new home and so sorry you had to let him go Amy and Amber.:(

All the best,
TP;)

Amy ((hugs)) that must have been so hard for you but the right decision to make. All the more so now you know Timmy is happily bonded with Mayo & Branston. :)xx

A pic of Timmy helping me clean out, they all have free range in the garage at the moment, sorry their garage:D:lol::lol:
Think he is checking I have don:roll:e it right, it is Simba's hutch
2008_0228feb26rescues0032.jpg

How lovely that you've been able to bond Timmy with Mayo and Branston and give him a chance to be with other buns.

I can only begin to imagine how heartbreaking it must have been to make that decision Amy, and how brave of you to put Amber and Timmy's wellbeing before your own feelings.

I was very lucky when Bella and Tarquin's bonding didn't work that I was able to keep Tarquin, but I did have to seriously think through having two single house bunnies. Luckily for me it has worked out, but if it hadn't, I might have been faced with the same situation as you.

Hugs to you all. xx

Last edited:
i knew that timmy was being rehomed because i spoke 2 amy on msn after the fight happened and i know how devastated you are hon, but this isnt rehoming because you cant be bothered, you have put timmys needs first and i think youre a wonderful person and im sur eyou must be missing him loads xxx

timmy looks like he is having fun!!!! you definately did right by him, i saw how they were when they were seperated and it wasnt fair on either bun really.i bet amber is lovign having her house back!

that must have been a horrible decision to make Amy but i honestly think you have done the right thing. Timmy seems very happy and he has 2 new friends to play with:D and its great that you can see him whenever you want:D

I dont think anyone can have a go at you for putting your buns interests first, in fact, I admire anyone who's able to see that things arent working and have the guts to do something about it, even if it means making sacrifices. As long as Timmy is happy and well looked after (which I dont doubt) then you've done the right thing. :wave:

aww Amy, I know you were having real trouble between Amber and Timmy. Nobody will criticise you why would they? You just did what was right by your rabbits anyone who says any different stuff em:lol:
Sallyx

well done Amy i had to rehome titch my nethie with my sister for the same reason, it was horrible but he's bonded with a lovely girl now and is happy, plus i get to visit, you did the right thing :)

Back