• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Had My 4 to Vets

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
It was myxi jab time... so all four were trundled off looking not best pleased. The vet was really suprised as how Caramel is doing.... couldn't believe she had kicked the Myxi!

Lily and Sandy were fine... he was laughing so much at how scruffy Sandy's bum was. He never grooms and has a fit if I groom him. But being scared in there he kept still and the vet seemed to hve loads of fun brushing him! He also asked if any of them needed a manicure! But they didn't!

However the news on Chance is not so good. He has teeth that grow unevenly on one side of his mouth. He had a dental just before I got him and is definately going to need another one in the future. However the vet said that he wants to keep them as far apart as possible as they will require a GA. So I have to keep a really close eye on his eyes and his bottom and his eating. He said that eventually he thinks this problem will finish this little guy and I am really upset :(. Could he have these teeth removed?

Good news about the others but sad about Chance.

I bet you looked a picture taking all four buns in at the same time :D

Well, erm, thats a funny wat of putting it :shock:

Im glad my vets outlook on him was so much brighter, they certainly didn't think his teeth would 'finish him'. Bearing in mind he has lived at least 4 years without a dental until the last few months.

Perhaps after his dental it may be a good time to address his diet and see if you can up his hay intake and improve his tooth wear.

Of course dental bunnies have a poorer outlook than other rabbits due to the GA but that dosn't mean its the 'end of the line'. Look at Tree's Zippy, she has been having a GA dental every 8 weeks for ages.

That little guy has been through far to much to be beaten so easily by a few spurs, have some faith in him. :)

I must admit the vet I saw today is my doom and gloom vet. He told me that Caramel would die... and couldn't believe when I brought her in today. I think he likes to prepare you for the worst and I am really reassured by your comments Sooz... I can't see him leaving anytime soon. He better not!

Good news about the others but sad about Chance.

I bet you looked a picture taking all four buns in at the same time :D

We take all of ours together after surgery on two Fridays in three. It'll be ten this year as Adam has only just been done.

Neil

When I first got Shayla she needed dentals every four weeks but now with her high hay diet she lasts about 3months, it's impossible to completely erradicate the problem as she has a wonky jaw on one side but it is definately being helped - I'd agree with Sooz and look at upping his hay intake and, I don't know what others think, but how about something like redigrass to replace veg as this is tooth wearing?

He is a monkey to get to eat to hay..... however I have some different stuff coming tomorrow, hope that might tempt him. He just loves pellets...

Back