• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit House help please!

Lynzxx

New Kit
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm getting 2 rescue rabbits very soon so I'd like to freshen and change the wendy house that my last bunny used to live in. It's the kind that are sold for kids and is approx 5ft x 5ft.

I'd like to put in some sort of 2nd floor/ledge but I'm not sure what angle the ramps will need to be for the bunnies to use it. They (although I haven't got them yet!) will be mediumish size lops......are there any guidelines or do I just make it as shallow as possible?

Also, not sure if it's a daft question or not :? but will I have to put a barrier up for them so they don't fall off the ramp or ledge?

Any help or ideas will be muchly appreciated!!:D

Thanks
Lynz xx

Last edited:
hi there.. if you do a search for set-ups there are some great ideas on here. take a look at this recent thread - its an excellent set up in a playhouse.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116658

i am always on the look out for new ideas and can always find them on here!

good luck in the search for 2 rescue buns and i hope you can post piccies of them and their new house when it is all done. x x x

A ramp has to be fairly shallow otherwise it's hard for them to get down. I always thought about having a barrier against a ramp (if I had a ramp!!), cos my previous rabbit fell down the side of the ramp and broke her back. Loads of people on here have ramps in their hutches so it's rare for an incident like that to occur. I would prefer a box/step for them to jump onto to get to the top floor, than a ramp.

Back