• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Shed / Run Project is Underway!

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All

Was inspired by Jimmy's Mum post to get some pics of how my project is goin. Hubby started on run couple of days ago. He has built a little warren complete with tunnels and blocks of wood. Then he's cemented in posts and put up the framework. We still have slabs to put in, mesh to fix, etc but I am really pleased with it so far. Its 12ft long and 6ft wide and Im sure the buns wont know themselves when they are let loose in here. Just hope they enjoy it!

Once run is complete we will be getting shed kitted out and hatch put in to the run. Poor Hubby - I have a list as long as my arm for him!!

This is where it's at so far - but will post some more pics when we start shed.

Willow's existing setup:
DSCF1469.jpg

Harvey's existing setup:
DSCF1468.jpg

Hubby making a start:
DSCF1467.jpg

My Daughter Lending a Hand:
DSCF1466.jpg

Warren Taking Shape:
DSCF1483.jpg

Framework Going Up:
DSCF1485.jpg

Where We're Upto So Far:
DSCF1486.jpg

Ange that looks amazing already ! Well done hubby :D I so wish Guy will learn DIY and not leave it all to me. Your little daughter is way cute !

I am soooo jealous! That looks brilliant.

The 'help' your daughter is providing looks like the kind of help I give too! :lol:

Thanks for all your lovely remarks. It was dear old Hubby that came up with the idea of the warren - as I was just gonna have flat grassy area. Was nice to watch him do all the hard work tho. Im rubbish at the hard stuff like digging holes, etc. It's only taken him less than two days to get to where it is, so he is def in my good books at the mo!! lol

The cute little helper is my 2yr old daughter, Seren. She loves getting involved with whatever we're doing. One of the blocks of wood in the warren has been positioned so she can sit on it in the run with the buns. The buns love her and she is so gentle with them. When I bring them in the house they follow her around so hopefully they will be the same in the run.

Will keep you posted as we progress.

Its look really good.:D:D

1 Question. How have you cater for the possibility of the bunnies digging thru the mud and under the fence.
Oops maybe 2 Questions. Are you planning on putting some sort of mesh/net over the top, just to put off any prey birds that may fly by........

It look great. Will the plastic pipe be easy to uncover/pull out if a bun is poorly and runs in there to hide?

Hi Bubbles:

The ground under the run is made up of very compacted hardcore containing bricks etc. This was done not long after we moved here 5 years ago. It took my hubby some time to dig the holes for the posts. There will also be mesh along the fencing panels to stop them going out that way.

We will be making some removable panels for the top of the run to stop anything getting in to the rabbits. The only problem I could see was where the tree is. We are hoping to keep the tree in the corner so hubby is devising a plan to make sure we can make that part safe also.

Keep an eye on the updates to see how it goes.

Thanks

It look great. Will the plastic pipe be easy to uncover/pull out if a bun is poorly and runs in there to hide?

Hi Capel

Our next door neighbour is a plumber so we are getting some end caps off him in case we ever need to shut this bit off to the buns. We have also sloped the pipe slightly so that the rain doesnt pool in there but runs out one end. Should imagine the rabbits will appreciate not paddling when they go in there!

Hi Bubbles:

The ground under the run is made up of very compacted hardcore containing bricks etc. This was done not long after we moved here 5 years ago. It took my hubby some time to dig the holes for the posts. There will also be mesh along the fencing panels to stop them going out that way.

We will be making some removable panels for the top of the run to stop anything getting in to the rabbits. The only problem I could see was where the tree is. We are hoping to keep the tree in the corner so hubby is devising a plan to make sure we can make that part safe also.

Keep an eye on the updates to see how it goes.

Thanks

Cool.

The bunnies are gonna love it.

Looks great and look forward to seeing the finished result. Your daughter is so sweet, that spade is bigger than she is, bless her:lol:

It looks great! I bet the rabbits will love it :D

Re the tree: rabbits tend to strip bark so you'll probably need to mesh around the trunk if you want it to survive ;)

Back