• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flopping out

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
I know a flopped out bunny is a happy relaxed bunny, but mine just won't do it in their hutch or run.

They flop under the kitchen table when we bring them in, they flop when we take them to my parents house and they even flopped out in the car recently. they just don't seem to chill when at home. they sit hunched up together on the concrete in the corner of the run.

they are generally very happy, inquisitive and playful buns, but during their quiet time of the day they just sit hunched up looking unimpressed.

I've tried putting big flat boxes in their corner but they just sit somewhere else. I've added a second litter tray full of hay, but they're not bothered by it.

Everyone elses buns seem to be happily flopped out and i'm just concerned that they don't feel safe in their home :(

Oh thats odd, maybe its only when you're by the run because they think you might take them out?

If its cold they might just like the heat of bunching up next to eachother? Maybe its not warm enough for them to flop out? Just guessing here :)

Don't worry - our two never seem to flop when they're out in the run, in their hutch, or in the kitchen ( at least, not while we're watching) but will now flop in the lounge with the TV on (they're a right pair of tele-addicts!:lol::roll:)

We're not doing well at photos of them though as the camera wakes them up!:roll::lol::lol:

Mine don't flop out in their run, but they completely go in their hutch in the sun. I think it's probably because they don't feel relaxed enough in their run as it's wire all around them, whereas in the hutch, there's only wire on one wall.

i know how you feel teegrs rarely flops the other day duchey had to go to the vets so i put them both in the carrier and he flopped out so much he was almost on his back :shock: stayed like that for the vet visit until he had his claws clipped then back in the carrier to flop again

i know how you feel teegrs rarely flops the other day duchey had to go to the vets so i put them both in the carrier and he flopped out so much he was almost on his back :shock: stayed like that for the vet visit until he had his claws clipped then back in the carrier to flop again

saffy does this and it really scares me :? shes really slow to come out after and gets really hot and sticky, dont think she likes travelling

bloomin laptop! i was in the middle of typing a reply and it just shut it self down :roll:

anyways

thanks for all your replies. it prob is a warmth thing as the hutch is in the coldest part of the garden and doesn't get any sun, but this will be a bonus in summer when most of the garden is a sun trap.

i did wonder if it was an aggrophibic type thing and that their hutch is a bit too big and open for them :?, but then again i've still only had them three months so it might be interesting to see if they change in the summer when the concrete will be nice and cool.

i keep telling hubby that they are trying to drop hints to become housebuns :lol:

saffy does this and it really scares me :? shes really slow to come out after and gets really hot and sticky, dont think she likes travelling

i think teegs just liked the carrier (it does have a big thick cushion in it :oops: ) i have left it open in their room now and he goes in there quite a lot so i think it was more a case of liking his new burrow

Mine never seem to flop in their hutches either. I get the feeling thou that they can hear me walk into their garden and think they'll get more food from me!!

Back