• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Evie (My G.P)u/d fearing the worst :(

petticoat74

Alpha Buck
I know its a rabbit forum, but could you please spare my little piggie Evie, some vibes? She is going into the vets today to have an abscess in her throat lanced and I am a little worried, as always.... My little self Red girl is 2.5 years and is such a shy sweetie... would mean a lot if you could spare her a thought:D Thanks, love Claire x

Last edited:
Aw Thanks guys:D I have had a couple in the past go through similar thing... but I am still worried!!:roll: Evie is so shy, loves a cuddle, but shy of strangers so not gonna be a nice experience for her!!

Thanks again... I am really scared, just given her a big cuddle and omg it is huge... we are about to go in a few minutes, the earliest appointment I could get:( I hope she will be okay... she is still eating, so thats good... I just hate waiting!!

Well I have just got back from the vets.... on my own. The abscess was very deep and now Evie is undergoing surgery to remove it fully...poor little thing, she was so brave when the needle went in and removed some pus, never cried or moved.... Just have to wait now for the phone call!

Thanks for the vibes:D She is home, very scared, she always was a shy girly anyway:( I nearly had a row with the rude bolshy receptionist, but that is a different story:roll: Cost me nearly £100 and she not out of the woods yet... but I have her home and I will get her through this.... Fortunately I have done it before and not squeamish now (as I have cleaned out an eye socket:mrgreen:) Thanks for the support!

Well surgery was Friday afternoon and she has had her xbiotics... she is eating and drinking, but after cleaning the huge lump under her jaw, I am now fearing the worst...:cry: Before when I have dealt with abscesses the lump goes right down and only reappears if it comes back... Evie's has not gone down.... it is solid and I have squeezed it and nothing comes out, I have flushed and cleaned it out.... I am beginning to think it was an ulcerated tumour.... She is going back to the vets tomorrow, for her check up and I am really worried!:cry:

I'm hoping you don't need to worry as guinea pigs are prone to fatty lumps which are harmless, although usually on their back (one of my girls has one) - there is another type of benign cancer they get too - nothing to worry about if it's not troubling her, so I hope that's it - see this link :)
http://www.guinealynx.info/lumps.html

Thanks Elve:D Whats worrying is the lump is the size of a ping pong ball thereabouts and solid and under her jaw! I have had piggies with abscess there before, plus Leonie had one on her back, Rosie had one in her eye and it had to be removed, that was a lovely nursing job.. flushing an eye socket:mrgreen: But they have all gone down after surgery, Nell's reappeared but soon went down after she had stronger Xbiotics... I really am concerned, will post some pics of it later if I can... But Evie is being such a good girl, never whimpers or screams and she is as shy as they come:)

awww poor thing - I'd wonder how she manages to eat and breathe with something that big on her jaw :shock: I've noticed guinea pigs have a very high pain threshold though - Olly had a huge seed head stuck in his eye once - you couldn't see it, just this shut, pus filled eye - really awful :shock: the seed head was one of those long, brome ones with a long pointy 'hair' on the end, which I pulled, thinking it was an ingrowing eyelash - and this massive, 1cm long, seed head was wedged under his eyeball/bottom eyelid :shock:

Meanwhile what was Olly doing? Just pottering about eating and drinking as normal :shock: I'd have been on the floor with something like that in my eye, but not a piggie - quite amazing how he didn't seem bothered :?

Here she is and the lump... she is so tolerant! If that was in my neck, I would be screaming my head off:oops:
2308006.jpg

2308003.jpg

2308007.jpg

Its all clean, as I flush and wipe it with saline, but it solid and there is no pus:?

Back