• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got a run for free!!!!!!

minirex

Mama Doe
:wave: Couple of days ago I decided to get a new run for one of my bunnies. Guess what I got today..... a run for free! My neighbour didn't want hers any more so she said I could have it for nothing. She had piggies, but they died a while ago (i think:?):(. There is nothing wrong with it, but I will give it a good scrub before I use it.

Will just soapy water be okay to clean it with or should I use something else?:?
I have a spray pet disinfectant that I will use as well. Don't know why the piggies died :(.

I agree with your thinking about the need to disinfect the run.I'd contact your vet and ask for some of the stuff that they use in their surgery. My vet uses something called F10, and I think people on here have also mentioned Virkon(?). Bleach is also very effective.

Last edited:
Milton is good for disinfecting (mix with water). Its what they use for new babies so safe. Plus its fairly cheap.

Back