• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I might actually explode!

Isabel

Warren Veteran
with excitement...

Me and o/h were talking again about buying somewhere and we've been looking into it over the last few days. We can afford to go this year!

The most exciting bit though is that this means I'll be able to get a playhouse/shed for Mo and get him a wifey to enjoy his golden years with rather than wait till next year like I thought. woop woop!
So ladies, watch out in October. There will be a rather handsome perfectly formed buck on the loose, looking for friendship (maybe more!).

Yes thats what I mean :D

The bad news for Faye though is that we are looking at Beeston so i feel more trips to nottingham zoo coming on :D

Ok the serious stuff. I don't know what size mortgage you're planning but remember in the late eighties interest rates went from about 6% to 15%. This means £300 a month for a £50,000 mortgage for example jumped to £780. Can you still afford the repayments if interest rates sky rocket.

Having said that, good luck! We'd so love a garden...

Neil

You can come and visit mine :D

We are looking at a fixed rate mortgage for two years with a further guaranteed figure (but more) the next two years...then we'll look for another mortgage.

I must admit, that is something that worries me too but we aren't going to for the full amount we have been told we can get so hopefully should be ok.

I can't believe we might be spending Christmas in our own home.

Faye don't say its grown up thats just mean :lol:

You can come and visit mine :D

We are looking at a fixed rate mortgage for two years with a further guaranteed figure (but more) the next two years...then we'll look for another mortgage.

I must admit, that is something that worries me too but we aren't going to for the full amount we have been told we can get so hopefully should be ok.

I can't believe we might be spending Christmas in our own home.

Faye don't say its grown up thats just mean :lol:

Just wanted to keep your feet on the ground. I got bitten back then :roll:!

Neil

Just wanted to keep your feet on the ground. I got bitten back then :roll:!

Neil

Oh no sorry. I very much appreciate the advise...we won't go beyond our means...unless there is the perfect little rabbit house in the back garden!

Jill, I hope he likes it outside. I just think it'll be better for him so he can get grass and hopefully keep his teeth under control.

Last edited:
Back