• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The garden seems so empty now...........

hornetcarp

Warren Scout
..........my Jessie is no longer hopping around.

i've just collected her ashes from the vets on the way home. as sad as it was i'm glad i've brought her back home.:cry:

i've not been too bad the last few days but obviously this has just brought it back to the surface again and i've had a few tears.:cry:

i've been apart from her since she passed away on the 18th and it's been hard knowing she was somewhere else. i felt guilty that i had left her for so long.:(

i feel such a loss, like something so important in my life has gone. she was on a par with anything else in my life in terms of importance.:cry: she was one of the few things in life that cheered me up and gave me a smile:)

that's 2 rabbits i've lost (prematurely) in less than 2.5 years. i don't know if i'll get another as it's too painful. it's too soon to decide yet anyway, but they bring me so much joy.

i don't have any other pets so i think that makes the loss feel so much greater.

i still feel guilty that i could have done more for her and that i failed her.:cry: i guess that's normal for anyone grieving, to have 'what if's' and 'why's' etc.

i haven't been able to bring myself to empty out the hutch yet. i think because she's been away it didn't seem right somehow. i think now i have her back i'll probably be able to face doing it soon.

it's so hard when we lose our babies:cry:

I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely bunny.I remember when i lost my first Rabbit Hopper,i was absolutely devastated.He was my special friend and had such a personality,he was 5 when he passed away.
When the time was right i got cuddles as Hopper had given me so much joy and i could give him a loving home,sadly he passed away aged 3.
As you were able to give Jessie a wonderful life and home,and the love she deserves,she was a lucky bunny,so dont feel guilty.Make a special memory box of photos and belongings to help ease the pain.Time will help ease the pain but there are so many bunnies in desperate need of a special home like yours.One day you may be able to help another special bun
thinking of you
jackie

I'm so sorry to her about Jessie. Please don't feel guilty about anything, you obviously loved her very much and she would have known that.

Have you thought about putting her ashes in a memory pot ie buying a nice plant pot for her and adding her favourite flowers and some bunny ornaments. That way you will have something in your garden to focus on until you possibly decide that the time is right to offer another bunny a loving home

Oh dear! HUGS indeed.:(

I'm sure Jessie was a very lucky little bun to have you as an owner and someday, if you feel you can, maybe you can make another bun as lucky. I DO know what you mean in saying you're not sure that you want another because of the pain (it has taken me years to decide to get another rabbit) - but concentrate on the good times and keep your chin up.

All the best at this sad time,
TP:(

i know its hard, but don't feel guilty :). she will br happy to have known and been loved by you. It is an unfortunate thing that some buns pass on young. my first bun was only four, but her sister lived to eight.

the pain will ease and you don't have to make any descisions at the moment.

we are all here for you

:(:(

Please don't beat yourself up about anything, you did your best for her and i'm sure she knew that. Just be proud that you gave her such a loving home. I know how bad it hurts :cry: xxxxx

Aw hun, I know how you feel, its been three weeks since I lost my first bun Raffles and also Sadie and I still cry I miss them both so much:cry: I still get teary over the others too, especially Troy who I had just 10weeks (lung tumour), Flint who I had a year (abuse case and his digestive system failed) and Dylan who we had had 5 years (loved her, she hated me;)) They are fabulous animals all so different from each other... when the time is right they will send another into your life;)
Big hugs to you hun, love Claire x

Sorry to hear you've lost Jessie. I hope you can feel proud of the fact that she was a bunny that was loved and looked after.

I am SO sorry to hear that you have lost Jessie. :cry: :cry: It IS extraordinarily difficult, and the grief is overwhelming. But I am positive that Jessie knew how very much you loved her, and that she is smiling down at you from The Bridge. xxxxx

Im so sorry to hear you have lost Jessie :(

It is hard and don't feel like it shouldn't be. :)

You have her back home now where she belongs, it does bring it all back when you collect their ashes :(

Sending you lots of hugs and don't be a stranger to the forum just because you have no more pets right now :)

(((HUGS)))

I don't know if it would help you but I have bought rose bushes for each of my pets that have passed away and their ashes are buried underneath and everytime I see the roses bloom I remember that particular pet and it makes me smile to know they are kind of living on through the rose :) I remember their cheeky ways or what they loved doing and it makes me warm and fuzzy to know they are still in my heart :)

Back