• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fostering requirements

lucy pepsi

Warren Scout
Can anyone tell me what is required by fosterers? (for example, set-up, care, vet bills etc?)

It is something that i would love to do in the future but have no idea what i would need to do in preparation :roll:

There's no straightforward answer really I'm afraid as it depends who you are fostering for - some will provide everything - some will give you a rabbit to look after if you provide the hutch/run, most will pay the bills (although I'm sure they wouldn't argue if you wanted to pay for the food/bedding etc!) - you really need to find a rescue nearby and ask them. Some rescues simply don't use fosterers for various reasons so don't be too upset if they tell you they don't need anyone.

It depends on the rescue. I get vets fees and probably a hutch or indoor cage if I needed it (which I don't). I provide food bedding/litter and love. Don't forget you also need to have a strong consitution to resist then bun you are looking after and a big box of hankies for when they go.

Back