• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommend a run?

Kay

Mama Doe
Can anyone recommend a run?

Basically I want a proper set up. At the moment Arthur has access to the whole garden but if we pop out he goes back in the hutch and this is obviously not ideal.

I want a run that I can attach to the hutch, can anyone reccomend one?

IF not I am thinking of making one out of trellis and fox proof wire.

Thanks everyone, your all so wonderful and I a grateful for your advice.

Kx

I probably sound like a stuck record because I always say this :rolleyes: but I found that making my own was the best option - there was nothing in the shops that was big enough for what I wanted. It was a lot cheaper to make my own and I could have it exactly the size and shape I wanted....but having said that the happy hutch compay have some quite spacious ones. or you could get a couple and attach them together.

You'll probably need thicker wood than trellis to make a decent long lasting run.

You could buy some aviary panels and save yourself some of the hard work.

Amy

I am really taken with the idea of making my own, but nervous as I don't really have any DIY skills (My partner is worse than me, he put a bookshelf together and its wonky and the screws stick out!)

I was thinking of getting 6 pieces of 6ftx4 trellis and fixing fox proof wire to each and hinging 4 of them around the hutch with a latch and bolt fitting for the roof? Does this sound ugly? lol I think I could this but I reckon it would be expensive.

I have about £100 for it.

x

Aww sorry didn't reply quick enough, aviary panels sound a good idea.

I shall go google :lol:

i had done literally no woodwork in my life before i made mine :lol: i made a few mistakes but it came out ok adn i learnt loads. :)

Cool do you have any photos?

How big did you make it? Was it expensive?

What is the minimum reccomended by rescues again? I can't remember.

Hello :wave:

There is a guy on ebay who makes lovely folding runs, he makes 6ft x 4ft runs with weld mesh wire for about £40. He made an 8ft x 6ft run for £70 for me two bunnies which is great as it folds also. LEt me know if you want a link xx

Cool do you have any photos?

How big did you make it? Was it expensive?

What is the minimum reccomended by rescues again? I can't remember.

Here is mine, its 8' x 3' x 2' but I have a couple of spare P@H runs that I'm going toa ttach to double the size. :D It was under £100 I think - I hit a couple of problems and had to buy some extra bits and pieces so I lsot track a bit. I think the size depends on the rescue - if you have a specific rescue in mind contact them first.

this was when it was just finished and had chicken wire on - I then found out it wasnt fox proof so ripped it all off and replaced with weldmesh ::rolleyes:
me.jpg

from above:
newcrabs001.jpg

Kay get your OH to make one ;) hehe

My dad made me one 8ft by 6ft, 4ft high they loved it! He's making me another one for saffy and joey

Last edited:
Wow thank you thats great. I take it the pegs aren't holding it together! :lol:

Inspiring, I might go off to Wickes ;)

Back