• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my boy Rupert U/D He's Just eaten some hay!

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi there.

If you've got any spare vibes, please could I have some for my Rupert who has just gone into gut stasis. No gut sounds at all.

I have just whipped him up to the vets and he's had his Metaclopromide and his vetagesic. Just about to try and syringe feed so please keep your fingers crossed.

He's usually the loony of the two brothers and inexplicably this morning he's so poorly and so very quiet.

Thanks

Helen
IMG_0508.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone.

Sadly he's not improving and he's just been back to the vets for some more Vetagesic and sub cut fluids. Brought him and his brother in doors in an indoor cage with a heat pad and am giving reiki!

He's going back this evening for some more meds if he doesn't brighten and start eating. He's not too impressed by the syringe feeding, although he has swallowed the small amount that he's had so far. I just hate seeing him so quiet - so different to his normal manic happy self (as below)

IMG_4514.jpg

Thank you so much to all who sent good vibes. Rupert and his big bro are in an indoor cage next to me here and a few moments ago I heard an almighty rumble. Rupert has produced a very large pile of dark sticky poos and is now sitting chomping on some hay and looking so much brighter than even a few minutes ago. Bit of a blockage there then maybe! Anyway, he'll be staying in tonight so that I can continue to monitor him.

Thanks again for all your support - this bunny mummy power is extraordinary isn't it!!

Awww, hurrah for the Poopert. He is such a scrummy boy, I :love: him! ...and his brother too, of course. Even though I still have the scar on my finger from his gnashers, lol!

Glad he's improving - you must be feeling very relieved!
Has he had anything different that may have caused a blockage?

Glad he's improving - you must be feeling very relieved!
Has he had anything different that may have caused a blockage?

Hi there.

It's weird. The only thing that has changed in these boys lives recently is that when I did a big full clean on Tuesday I put a litter tray in the corner of their run where they always insist on doing their litter. They had eaten all of their hay as normal but Rupert was just sitting all hunched up in this litter tray this morning. The tray itself was inside their hutch until that time so it isn't new either. I am totally flumuxed as to what it could possibly be. His brother is as right as ninepence and they always have the same things.

Who knows why this happens. My boy Edison had it three weeks ago with no apparent reason too. Same hay as normal, same pellets, same veg etc etc.

Anyway, just thankful that all now seems to be well.

Thanks to all for the good vibes.

Helen x

Back