• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

35 rabbits!

hunnybun

Mama Doe
I despair I really do! I took in a rabbit recently who had been attacked:( ( her owner could not afford to go to the vets) she has 3 fractures on her pelvis and one at the base of her tail! her baby of 10 weeks old came with her but her injuries were too severe and she had to be out to sleep, the Mummy is improving but slowly, the person that brought her to me said they had 7 other rabbits however i have since found out she has 35!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock: so she is in waaaaaaay over her head, I am going to try and take the males as soon as I can so that way at least there will be no more litters :shock::(:(:(:( this is the kind of thing that drains my funds :shock:

Last edited:
:shock:35!??!:shock:...Oh dear! It is a great pity said owner didn't seek help sooner.
Unfortunately, some people don't look for help until (as you say) they are WAY over their head and it is then left to others to sort out their mess.
I wish you the best with this situation...will you need rescue all 35 in the long run?

TP:(

:shock:35!??!:shock:...Oh dear! It is a great pity said owner didn't seek help sooner.
Unfortunately, some people don't look for help until (as you say) they are WAY over their head and it is then left to others to sort out their mess.
I wish you the best with this situation...will you need rescue all 35 in the long run?

No I think she will keep some! I am already very busy, so can only take a few at a time! :shock:

Crikey!!!!! Does she show them or does she just keep bucks and does together? I really dont know how someone ends up with that many!!!! Is there no other rescues near that could help? Sounds like you are very very busy :shock:

No I think she will keep some! I am already very busy, so can only take a few at a time! :shock:

I was going to say with all the babies you have at the moment in addition to the adults...another 35 and I'm thinking you'd need employ an army to care for them all.:(

I was watching that "Rescue 24/7" (I *think* that's what it's called) yesterday and somebody on there had over 100 buns and piggies in a small 2 bed house! I've never seen anything like it in all of my life!:shock:...Some people just don't think - either that or they don't care...

I suppose hynnybun that you can do little more than offer advice on any buns she keeps and hope that she's learned her lesson.

Has she tried to rescue them then? sounds like they were better off where ever they were in the first place! :shock:

I was going to say with all the babies you have at the moment in addition to the adults...another 35 and I'm thinking you'd need employ an army to care for them all.:(

I was watching that "Rescue 24/7" (I *think* that's what it's called) yesterday and somebody on there had over 100 buns and piggies in a small 2 bed house! I've never seen anything like it in all of my life!:shock:...Some people just don't think - either that or they don't care...

I suppose hynnybun that you can do little more than offer advice on any buns she keeps and hope that she's learned her lesson.

Luckliy I have a huge garden, lots of large hutches and a vet just down the road! I neuter and fully vaccinate them all before they go to really great new homes. My life is spent in the garden or at the vets :lol::wave:

Oh Kareen :shock: :( what a nightmare :(. Blooming people :roll:.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, as i know it will be very hard trying to speak to these people :(. If there is anything i can do, give me a shout. xx

Sharon - shazza4505

Oh Kareen!! That's awful :( We've got no room here either and a load waiting to come in, however if we get any enquiries from people looking for a bun, we'll point them in your direction, we can plod on with the ones we've got in.

If you have any small sized adult does, can you give me a shout cos I've got a lady waiting for a partner for her housebun neddy.

Oh Kareen!! That's awful :( We've got no room here either and a load waiting to come in, however if we get any enquiries from people looking for a bun, we'll point them in your direction, we can plod on with the ones we've got in.

If you have any small sized adult does, can you give me a shout cos I've got a lady waiting for a partner for her housebun neddy.

I have a waiting list too Linda! :( I will keep you in mind if I have any small does arrive, although nearly all the ones I have at the mo are reserved already! I can't hardly keep up with the coming and going :shock:

*whispers* Not thinking I'd like to run a rescue for all the tea...
I would very probably wring somebody's neck before I'd run it a mere day...:shock:

TP - impressed by the work you do/saddened you have to do it.:(

*whispers* Not thinking I'd like to run a rescue for all the tea...
I would very probably wring somebody's neck before I'd run it a mere day...:shock:

TP - impressed by the work you do/saddened you have to do it.:(

It has it's up and downs! :shock: but well worth the effort ;):wave:

I despair I really do! I took in a rabbit recently who had been attacked:( ( her owner could not afford to go to the vets) she has 3 fractures on her pelvis and one at the base of her tail! her baby of 10 weeks old came with her but her injuries were too severe and she had to be out to sleep, the Mummy is improving but slowly, the person that brought her to me said they had 7 other rabbits however i have since found out she has 35!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock: so she is in waaaaaaay over her head, I am going to try and take the males as soon as I can so that way at least there will be no more litters :shock::(:(:(:( this is the kind of thing that drains my funds :shock:

Just to update on this, The rabbit Miffy who came in with 3 fractures to her Pelvis and one to the base of her tail went to a new home at the end of last month, she settled in very quickly as being a house bun and being loved to bits :love:

Kareen, is it worth asking the local RSPCA branch for some neutering vouchers so that they can all be done. I would hope that for large nos of bunnies, such as this, that they might help. You are taking them in, which saves their resources and space, but I would ask for some vouchers. Its worth a go.

I think it would be worth getting intouch with the SSPCA, if you have had a rabbit come in with those sort of injuries then it warrants a cruelty case and the woman needs the others taking off her and a caution or prosecution. Give the SSPCA a ring and get an Inspector out to her asap. Have you any pics of the mum and baby that you took in so that they have some photographic evidence?

I think it would be worth getting intouch with the SSPCA, if you have had a rabbit come in with those sort of injuries then it warrants a cruelty case and the woman needs the others taking off her and a caution or prosecution. Give the SSPCA a ring and get an Inspector out to her asap. Have you any pics of the mum and baby that you took in so that they have some photographic evidence?

Thanks it has been done and hopefully by now all the rabbits will have been removed from her care.

Back