• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Something or nothing U/D back from vets

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
This will probbaly turn out to be nothing but i just wanted to be safe. My bunnes have always got a handful of pellets each and a small portion of veg between a a pair at 10pm. Pellets are always gone by veg time, veg is gone by morning and there hay eating has been good aswell.

Last night i went in to prepare there pellets for this morning as usual but there was still half a bowl left in Buttons and Cleo, there the 2 most greediest and go ental at any food time so it's not normal, i brought there veg out nd no one came charging at me like a wolf, Buttons stayed hidden upstairs but Cleo eventually came down for her veg, i brought Buttons down handed him some veg which he ate but this morning nealry all the veg is still there inc 4 small carrot pieces and them are never left thereButtons faverte treat:shock: There hay is still there from morning asewll:?

I know there both still eating as i make sure both get to the bowl before i leave being such greedy bunnes but it's just not normal :?

This is probably jsut me over worrying isn't it:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Hmmm I think its alsways a good indicator if usually 'scoffy' bunnies don't come charging for their food. I think probably best to be safe than sorry and pop them both to the vet. How are the poops? If you think there are less than usual then I would pop to the vets!

xx

There poops all look fine, all over the floor and bowl as usual:roll: I've just given them there morning pellets and Buttons has ignored them, Cleo's eating them up, i'll check them before i go out.

Cleo needs to go to the vet anyway as i've noticed a problem with her eye this morning, there' abit of furhanging beside it, a bld patch adn looks soggy so i'm gonna have it checked out so Buttons will go along with her anyway:)

I wonder if they both had a scare in the night. :?
Do you cover the hutch over?

Yes the hutch is coverd over, it's more like a shed type hucth so i just take the front mesh of and close the door. I don't think it was that windy last night either, it was the other night something might have blown off the hucth that would give them a scare.

I Cleo's going to the vets i'l take buttons along with her anyway, will jsut e safe.

Cleo needs to go to the vet anyway as i've noticed a problem with her eye this morning, there' abit of furhanging beside it, a bld patch adn looks soggy so i'm gonna have it checked out so Buttons will go along with her anyway:)

Give them both a good check over for cuts and scabs, I wonder if they had a fight.

I wouldn't leave veg overnight anyway - if it wilts they will be eating bacteria and bound to get upset tums - try giving it an hour earlier so it's all gone by bedtime :)

As for their behaviour now - if my bunnies are ever like this I consider it to be an emergency - because it is. I would bring said bunny indoors and give some infacol (wind medicine) and syringe warm boiled water into them - about 10ml, then let them digest it for an hour, then more water (if you flavour it with pineapple or apple juice they love it eventually :)) - usually they are OK and eating hay again after a few hours of this, but if they weren't I would go to the vets. They always seem to do it late at night though :roll: Hope you can sort your bunnies out soon - the longer you leave it the worse they'll get - I wonder if they were spooked by the earthquake maybe?

I have checked them both over and apart from Cleo's eye loking soggy and abit of fur missing there's nothing else. Buttons is still upstairs looking sorry fr himself, i'm on a course all day so mums having to ring the vet.

I've told her to ask for the earliet available appointment as i ave an interview for a job at 2pm and she can't carry both up to the vets by herself, oh how the day has started:roll:

I didn't actually feel the earthquake here so i don't know if they did ither:?

EDIT: Ok i have an appointment for both for 12.15pm, i hope nothing serious is wrong but i'm being safe. So i'm now late for my course, need to go down ask to have the time off and get another carrier and hope i get back for my inteview. Rabits ehh they don't half pick there days to be sick :roll:

Last edited:
Mine do this somedays! they go mental @ food times but some mornings they just turn there noses up at there food,i usally just leave it and let them eat it when there ready,because its usally gone by late afternoon

I hope it's just that hen, don't want it to be anything serious. Still he can follow Cleo to the vets jut to be safe her eye look unconfortable, bless her.

OK so we are back, vet said something about fecal poops in Buttons tummy when he was feeling it, he got 4 injections:shock: and both him and Cleo have antibiotics morning and night, oh how fun:p

Poor Cleo had to have her intire bottom shaved as she was filthy, even though we clea her all the time she gets filthy again from not cleaning hrself:roll: and has a blocked tear duct:( yup so both are booked in for monday and Cleo will need that orting and i missed my job interview so i had better phone up and explain:oops:

Poor naked-bottom Cleo, that must be draughty! :shock:

Hope the job interview people were understanding about pet emergencies and can re-schedule you.

Back