• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilly just wouldn't let me put her away tonight

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Tilly the naughty rabbit refused to go to bed tonight,
I rehomed her nearly 4 weeks ago now, and initially I tucked her away at night closing off her run to the hutch, and then I decided as it was milder that I would let her have free access for a few nights which she loved, I then started worrying if the run (happy hutch company) was fox proof, and getting lots of advice on here, decided she would be safer locked in the hutch for night times, after 2 nights of that, she refused to take herself upto bed tonight, little madam, soooo not daft, she thought, "your not shutting me in again lady", As we are not yet best buddies, and she doesn't come to me (for more than a sniff and hello before shes off again), So eventually I gave in and she was doing laps in her run, leaping for joy she was, and i'm not kidding either.
Little madam, what would you all do????? Advice please, I really don't know what to do for the best. She loves being in her run, but is it safe enough all night.

I can't help, I'm afraid, but I can just picture her doing laps with you running after her :lol:

food works everytime!! a little bunch of herbs and bunny is my slave, mwahahaha! :lol::lol::lol:

I intended shutting my bunnies in the top hutch at night, but Maa was having none of it - even moved a brick I put over the hatch :roll: Then since she had both levels I felt mean shutting Benny in the upstairs (plus he was eating his way out) - so now I just make it like fort knox at night - takes about 15 mins but it's good exercise :)

nighthutches.jpg

Back