• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wow the earth tremour almost killed Charm!

So I was sat up watching stardust and my buns were scampering around on the floor as is normal, when suddenly things started falling onto the floor. Well Destiny had the sense to shelter under a chair, but charm almost got clobbered by a lamp, before he darted into the chimney space. Talk about a close call!

Once it vanished I checked over the buns and they were both fine, and Charm was more upset over his shower than almost being clocked with a lamp. They're both fine now. But wow! Did anyone else have a near miss?

We didn't feel it as much as some people did though. My flat is underground so I think that coushined most of the effects. Apparently my sisters cages all went walking across the hallways and the office at work felt like it was being ramraided. I only had a lamp go flying and some things fall over.

we didnt get it here.... i was asleep but i asked my mum and she was reading when it happened..... must have went right by us

Everyone is going on about it but i slept through! Well disappointed to have missed the excitement but I must've needed my sleep. Poor Charm was lucky!

The last time we had an earthquake i didnt feel it either. :rolleyes:

Well I work nights so on my days off I generally still sleep at day and potter around at night. Im glad I was awake when it hit, so I could make sure the buns were ok, but wow, what a shock!

i thought our kitchen floor was going to fall through! i was baking brownies at 1am (as you do) and i thought downstairs' washing machine had gone crazy, then realised it was something bigger when we could hear things falling inside the wall.

Ryan was holding bun and he said his heart rate went right up, i bet there would have been some foot stamping if he was on the floor!

We were woken up by one of our house rabbits thumping like mad. As this was so unusual, both my OH and I leaped out of bed (we'd been fast asleep) to go see what the commotion was all about. Found our Sally hiding under the U bend of the loo in the bathroom. Not realizing anything was wrong we went back to bed. This was 1am! We woke this morning to hear the news what had happened. So our Sally is our early warning alert but we didn't realize it! Luckily we had no damage at all. We live in Surrey so this is quite a long way away.

Aren't animals wonderful!

My sister has an early warning too. For the last few days one of her chins has been really antsy and behaving so odd, and not wanting to go in his cage and clinging to her. After the event he went back to normal.

We didn't feel much, thanks to the padding of the earth surrounding my flat, but we did get a little bit of it, nothing like they did at my sisters or my work though. Just a few things falling over. As I turned on the light I muttered something like stop that desty. I thought she'd run into something again, which is fairly normal. I have to say something like that six times a night. But then other things fell and she was under the chair. Not a clue what was going on till I got to work today :p

Back