• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boy or girl

misty moo

Warren Scout
:wave: hi everyone i have a 8 mth old girl called misty moo she seemed happy untill about a mth ago, she has a big hutch and a 8ft long by 4ft wide run and lots of toys like pipes, balls,cew toys, pots and hiding places ect she has lots of hay and fresh fruit and veg every day. i spend all the time i can with her my 2 young nephews always play with her when thay are not at school and she even has nxt doors cat that comes and sits with her. but why does she seem so sad does she need a bunny freind? if so do u think boy or girl would be best?
thanks for reading :)

check out www.ryansdesigneroutlet.com:rabbit2:

Rabbits are social animals and even though it sounds like you spend lots of quality time with her, she may miss that interaction with another rabbit who speaks her 'language':D

i'm no bonding expert but i think others would advise a girl-boy bond, both neutered of course:D has your girlie been spayed?? My girl is currently with Sooz for a bonding with a male.Thats not to say that girl-girl won't work but i think that the majority of people prefer to go girl-boy

:wave:Welcome to forum!
I would definately get her spayed then find her a neutered husbun. I agree with what Kirsty said - Rabbits are social animals and even though it sounds like you spend lots of quality time with her, she may miss that interaction with another rabbit who speaks her 'language'. If you contact your local rescue, they will be able to help you pick a perspective husbun and help with bonding.
having her spayed also has health benefits for your bunny.

Audrey came to live with us in October last year as a wifey bun to Monty. Monty had been living as a solo house bun for a year. Even though he was happy before, I can honestly say he is even happier now that he has the wonderful Audrey to boss him around!!!! they definately need a bunny pal to talk to!!
Good luck, do let us know how you get on.......please post us some piccies! we all love piccies on here!!!

best wishes
x

She will be able to be spayed any time now onwards. As regards price it varies from vet to vet.....I estimate approx 60-70 pounds. Others who have had their buns spayed recently will be able to give you a better idea of price though.

awww welll done, once you've had her neutered you can find her a husband, nothing better than seeing them snuggled up to eachother and giving eachother a good wash :)

I was exactly the same with Stella - I spent loads of time with her but with being at work all day, she was on her own a lot of the time. It got to the point where she wouldn't play and never binkyed. She wasnt interested in anything. So, I got her a husbunny (Bud) and she's been happy ever since. We get really big binky's now!!! And she takes an interest in new objects/toys. Unfortunately, that means that she doesnt take as much of an interest in me, she used to jump on the sofa for cuddles, but now that she's got a husbunny, he gets most of them!!!:(

Still, she's a lot happier and I wouldn't change my decision for the world.:D

Back