• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shelves and litter trays....

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
i put a shelf in the crate and the buns bottoms are now too big for their litter trays and wee is leaking over the side. i decided to use an underbed storage box as a litter tray under the shelf but the gap between the shelf and edge of the box wont be very big.....will this stop the buns from using it of do you think they will like the gap being the burrowers that they are....

i thought about making the shelf higher but the next bar up will be too high up for comfortable jumping......

here's the cage as it is now

any ideas

newcrate.jpg

I'd try moving the shelf up a bar if there would be enough head room. If they can't make the jump, you'll soon notice and can move it down again?

Great vet bed btw :thumb:

I'd try moving the shelf up a bar if there would be enough head room. If they can't make the jump, you'll soon notice and can move it down again?

Great vet bed btw :thumb:

hmmmm but where the shelf is now means they can pretty much stand up on the shelf...and to jump down they aim carefully for the pink litter tray so its like they arent that comfy about it. a ramp would have to be very wide because zola is wide :lol::lol:

this thread is just me rambling....

but if its deep the space between that and the shelf will be comprised

Oh yeah of course if they use the pink tray as a litter tray could you maybe not use the blue at all?????????

Just rambling here too i always have these little dilemas and have to keep re-arranging(sp???)

they use both the blue and the pink trays but zola digs all the litter out of the blue one. its the pink one that is too small for their bottoms!

Aww your crate looks beautiful and cosy!

Im not sure if i understood the litter tray question but couldnt you cut like a wide shallow semicircle out of the front to give them an easy route in? but obviously not so deep that the litter falls out. i did that to make my litter trays easier to use to discourage "accidents"!

aww lauren that looks so cosy.....unfortunatley my buns would wreck that in no time.

My jumper fell victim today......I hear that holes are in this season?:rolleyes:

i had a revelation!!!!!

i had a spare plastic dog bed in the shed (one of those expensive ones from pets at home, i stole it from my parents!!!!)

ive used that as a litter tray fingers crossed it stops the mess.

also it looks clean because the vet bed was brand new, it certainly doesnt look like that anymore

Back