• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lymph nodes

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Jazzy had an op a couple of weeks ago to remove an abses from under his chin, they found this not to be connected in anyway to his teeth. The vet said there was 2 swollen lymph nodes Ither side, I felt there today and they are still rather swollen and move around in the skin like the abses did. how long do these normally take to settle? or do you think it could be another abses? I dont have the funds at presant to pay for more vet bills but if it gets worse im going to have to find money from somewhere. :(

Anyway since nobody knows, I'm going to take him to the vets when I can afford it which will be around the middle or end of march.. Iv used all my emergency funds on the last vet trip.

Do you think its 2 more absesses forming in the same area? If I can get the money I'm going to be taking him up the vet sometime next week to be on the safe side :cry:

Hiya there, i'm not sure abotu lymph nodes but I think they have some under their chin near their neck, one either side. I have tried looking up this on the internet and cant find much useful info.
There is another link on here that talks a bit about these 'lumps and bumps' but if it were me I would go to teh vets just for advice even....
Are the lumps even in size adn position? Are they growing or staying the same size?
If it were abscesses then I woudl say its pretty coincidental for them to be even in position adn size and if your bun is not on antibiotics then I woudl say they would be growing in size... How is the original abscess doing? is that healing?

The best advice I feel I can give is to ask an expert who can look at the area.. and i'm sure anyone else on here would say the same since no matter what anyone advises then its ideally best for any decision to leave it or treat it to come from the experts where lumps and bumps are concerned since as best as you can describe it seeing it can be a different story...

I hope jazzy is feeling better soon :D

Back