• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a definate reason bunnies stamp?

davies67

Warren Scout
Just wonderieng if its a scared/mad or trying to be boss of you thing?cat came near their run earlier adn delilah stamped for a bout 10mins!she also stamps if i go in their shed at night.zephyr dosnt join in or pay any attention.very odd.:)

As far as I know they stamp as a warning to others that they have sensed danger.

When Arthur is patrolling the garden he often freezes, listens, stamps, then comes bolting back up the garden to hide behind me. There again it only takes an empty crisp packet being blown in the wind to scare him :lol:

It seems to show both fear, anger and frustration.
One day I was watching two rabbits mating and the female sat in a corner so the male couldn't get behind her, he stood by the side stomping:lol: Poor Heffalump..(yup, that was his name)

I also once experienced as one student brought her dog into the rabbit-room at school, and the dog came over to look at the rabbits, a French lop spotted her, stomped, and suddenly all the rabbits started panicking:shock:

Back