• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry, More Questions

Rabbit1986

Alpha Buck
Its funny, i have read and re read every thread on here since joining about neutering and bonding, but now my turns coming round i fell like i should still ask 101 questons.
Have both boys booked in for 'the snip' at the end of march, went to talk to the vet today and was very happy with them, they said everything i wanted them to say, including don't stop feeding them etc.
However once the operation is done and i get them home, i don't have the facility to keep themindoors overnight so i am going to put them in their ourdoor cage with a hotwater bottle, wrapped in a towel, plenty of shredded papaer and hope they stay warm. My question is how long after their operation can i put them back on sawdust? I know its not an ideal bedding and once bonded they will be getting a new huge hutch with proper bedding, however for various reasons tahts just not possible at the minute. i don't want to cause infections etc.
secondly, once neutered would the end on may be too soon to start the bonding process? The do see each other every day and even as too unneutered males don't really react to each other not in the way i thought they would, i thought there would be a bit of teststerone driven anger.
How long will they be sore for and do the vets tend to use dissolving stitches.
Do you need to keep them on 'cage rest' at all after the op?
sorry, seems daft these questions, i always thought when it comes to it i'll be quite confident i know everything well enough, but getting nervous and its 3 week away.

I've never had a buck before (or bonded either:lol:) so probably not the best person to reply but i thought i would bump this up for you as i'm sure there are lots of people who can help. In regards to the hot water bottle though, have you considered a snugglesafe? (bunny version of hot water bottle but has a gel pack that you put in the microwave) just an idea:D

Back