• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm scared of Blue....!

JoLB

Warren Scout
Blue is taking a while to get used to us. Her and Barney are acting like they have never been fed (they have hay! but have been re-introducing pellets slowly). So I just gave them a few pellets (maybe about 10-15 each, max). Blue was on the bed, so i put them there, and I picked one up that had rolled away and she growled and went for me.

She also did it the other day when I was trying to pick the poos up out of the cage (she's not getting used to the litter tray again yet :roll: )

Anyway.....I don't know what to do. I just want her to like being here!

alvin boxes me if he dont agree with my actions :(

i dont think it means they are unhappy tho, just reminding us we aint boss :roll:

Thanks, I feel a bit better now....she is definately the dominant one. What do I do? Ignore it or teach her its wrong? (and how :? )

Aww Bless you. Try wearing a glove & challenging her - Dont move when she growls. Rhia grunts & oinks away and flies towards me, but if I dont move she just stops & sits there :lol: She'll settle in hun dont worry X

Thanks, I feel a bit better now....she is definately the dominant one. What do I do? Ignore it or teach her its wrong? (and how :? )

I'd say ignore it, Its typical lady babbit behaviour :)roll:) and she may well stop it once you have won her round :D X

ste ignores it and dont get boxed or lunged at, i react and back off so Alvin knows im scared so does it more..... i cant find the courage to do it myself but if you ignore it should stop....i need to buy gloves lol

I think this must be quite common with the girlies. Our girl Fae is getting worse as she gets older...any sounds she doesnt like that we make, or sudden moves, or sometimes when we feed her (actually i should say when I feed her...she rarely goes for Scott...she knows im not brave enough not to run away!) she grunts, lunges, goes for me with tail up etc. Such a moody little madam

Ive been wondering what to do too really...i really darent just stand and ignore it because i know a bite from her would hurt A LOT!

Good luck with your lady. I really think this is part of being a female bunny sometimes

Seriously you folks, Get some cheap gardening gloves - Dont be bullied by these little madams (and Alvins!)!! :lol:

Its just instinct to run away and squeal :lol: that sounds so silly, shes a dwarf too :lol: But im definitely going to invest in those gloves and get practising, its getting a little out of hand for us:)

I was wondering if Lola needed the oven mit earlier.
Its a bit unnerving to have a Conti growling at you :oops:

Snoopy often growls when I reach into the hutch, it is a territorial thing. He pretends to attack me, but always stops a few inches away from my hand. You must not show any fear, otherwise they think they have won. :lol:

I would never argue with a bunny (although I can hold my own with a guinea pig :lol:) - I prefer to just avoid conflict when it comes to bunnies - although thankfully mine are so sweet I can crawl into their hutch to clean it, and they just give me a nudge and look bemused :) I always wear gloves when feeding though, and have a rule about when I lower the dish - they abandon all manners when there's food around :roll:

Scamp is an angst little man. He goes for me when I get in his run and twists his head from side to side when I'm holding him biting at anything that comes near him. :rolleyes: I've started going towards him when he comes at me in the run and getting my hand over his head and pushing it down so he knows I'm boss - he doesn't like it at all but he pounced on me this morning but didn't bite so definately a step forwards. I think it's important that a rabbit knows you are boss and that you're not afraid of them. Like has been sugested get some thick gloves so that you don't react when she comes towards you and she'll hopefully calm down.

My Poppy is a bossy little madam... she growls alot and lunges but she's only ever bitten me once and that was more a case of her teeth touching my hand rather than a bite.
I tend to pick her up for a cuddle if she's getting mardy with me, that'll teach her ;) :lol:

I have to admit though it's a big part of the reason I fell in love with her and she became a permanent resident... I love a feisty animal :oops: :lol:

I have 2 very stroppy New Zealands that seperate at feeding time then attack me from either side:shock: Samson was great at first but I think now he as just started copying Bessie (his sister) I have lovely bite marks and bruises all over my hands and arms. I know Bessie means to attack me as you can tell but Samson does it and then runs off as if to say oop's should'nt do that:D

Back