• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm going to write a letter

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
to a certain chain of petshops. ;):roll:......

My letter will be regarding the total ineffective protection provided by a certain range of hutches that they sell.

I stress, i DID NOT buy the hutch as permanent housing, purely to accomodate the buns in the car and while staying at my parents (my rabbits have a huge happy hutch combo at home).

My point is that the hutch has only been used twice and on the last night of its most recent outing we had some rain. it was a bit heavy at times but nothing out of the ordinary for british rain. When i popped out to check on the buns I found them looking far from impressed with water soaking through the joints on the door and leaking through the gap around the door as well as soaking into the sides and sitting in a great puddle on the roof.

So the bunnies spent the night in the conservatory.

Most of you will probably say well what did you expect and yes i knew the hutch wasn't exactly brilliant when i bought it. like i said, it is temporary easily transportable accomodation.

my mind just boggles that these hutches are being sold as suitable outdoor housing :?

Still a letter to head office should certainly stir things :D

Well, I bought a Thistle Hall from P@H which leaked and they asked me if i kept it outside!!!!! Duh. What you buy should be fort for purpose

My letter will be regarding the total ineffective protection provided by a certain range of hutches that they sell.

I stress, i DID NOT buy the hutch as permanent housing, purely to accomodate the buns in the car and while staying at my parents (my rabbits have a huge happy hutch combo at home).

My point is that the hutch has only been used twice and on the last night of its most recent outing we had some rain. it was a bit heavy at times but nothing out of the ordinary for british rain. When i popped out to check on the buns I found them looking far from impressed with water soaking through the joints on the door and leaking through the gap around the door as well as soaking into the sides and sitting in a great puddle on the roof.

Most of you will probably say well what did you expect and yes i knew the hutch wasn't exactly brilliant when i bought it. like i said, it is temporary easily transportable accomodation.

my mind just boggles that these hutches are being sold as suitable outdoor housing :?

Did you return it to the store you bought it from? A customer complaint form could have been filled in and sent to head office on your behalf and the complaint would then have been passed to the manufacturer for them to contact you and investigate the product.

Well, I bought a Thistle Hall from P@H which leaked and they asked me if i kept it outside!!!!! Duh. What you buy should be fort for purpose

Yes, you're right it should be fit for purpose? What did the store do for you when you complained? Don't usually get complaints about the Thistle Hall.

Yes, you're right it should be fit for purpose? What did the store do for you when you complained? Don't usually get complaints about the Thistle Hall.

They were all huffy and puffy, basically asked me where I kept it. it is against a fence, next to the house so is sheltered. Water had gotten in the back and was seeping in the roof. they seemed to blame it on me for keeping it outside!!!!! They swapped it but only after i caused a fuss. Said I couldnt take the new one back if it leaked, so i have put loads of sealant and keep a plastic shower curtain on top of it - shouldn;t have to though as its an outdoor hutch!

i haven't said anything to the store and its not the thistle hall/ lavender lodge.

I just want to put my point across to head office.

I will be making a cover for it out of some tarp.

i haven't said anything to the store and its not the thistle hall/ lavender lodge.

I just want to put my point across to head office.

I will be making a cover for it out of some tarp.

Yes i think a letter is a good idea. It wont save your hutch, but might make them amend their design in the future.

Personally I think you should return it and kick up a fuss as well as the letter to HQ - big chains seem to respond a lot better when it hits them in the pocket! ;)

which one is it?

which hutch????

its the brecon 48" i think - and i KNOW its one of the awful cheap ones, but it fits just fine on the back seat of the car and seemed ok for temporary accomodation. like i said my point is that despite the size issue of these hutches, they are being sold as suitable outdoor accomodation.

that's barmy - if it's not fit for the purpose then they are breaking sale of goods rules - of COURSE a rabbit hutch needs to be weatherproof!!!! :roll: My happyhutch hutches have never leaked in nearly 3yrs!

Back